What did you do to your Pathfinder today?

RedRider3141

What I DIDN'T do on my Pathfinder today was be able to remove the passenger strut rod bolts to the LCA. Those F'ers are well on there tight! I need more heat & a bigger impact gun.

So I guess you could say, I gave up on my Pathfinder today :headwall:

i cleaned the maf sensor connector pins and made the pins a little tighter so it would get a better contact, and taped up the rest of the boot that was left and now it runs better and no more codes...yay now i can go exploring soon

a few of the projects i tackled this week:

added a torque converter lock-up on/off switch:

IMG_3946.jpg

IMG_3948.jpg

made some drop down brackets for my e-brake:

IMG_3939.jpg

started wiring up my 3 gauge console. i only have the volt meter connected right now. and i'm still looking for my stock oil pressure sender. (TD27 owners please chime in). its supposed to be on the right side of my block, but i cant see it.

IMG_3947.jpg

i mounted my "C" cell mag light in my cargo area:

IMG_3950.jpg

i picked up a 10,000lb rated tow hook for my rear end, but i havent mounted it well yet, and i still need to pick up another one for the other side. this pic just shows where it will go:

IMG_3951.jpg

i cant mount it on my frame under my bumper, because the "hook" part of the tow hook rubs against the bumper...

and i also installed a new radio antannae, and i fixed my horns! its great to have horns again. i live in a crazy city, and you need a horn just for waking up the driver next to you who's about to do something stupid. and i started waterproofing all the electrical stuff on my truck.

next week i plan to notch my floor around the t-case shifter, make some rubber "boots" for my t-case shifter, install waterproof breathers on all my vent lines from diffs, t-case and tranny, replace my tailgate lock assembly with a new one i pulled from the scrapyard, and make a bracket for my new tow hook. i'm also waiting for tons of nissan parts to fix various things around my truck, and i'm gonna tackle all the rust on my under carriage. right now its not much more than surface rust. i plan to sand off as much rust as i can without dis-assembling everything, and then hit it all with rust inhibitor. they say you can put rust inhibtor straight on top of the rust, without even trying to remove it, so i should be ok leaving a little behind. i know it will be impossible to do a prefect job without dis-assembly. and after the rust inhibitor i'm gonna hit it with some "underbody" paint. its sort of like truck bed liner. its supposed to dry kinda rubbery in be very durable. and after that i'm gonna get a rust treatment for the winter. i plan to start doing a rust treatment before every winter from now on. and thats just for the near future. i've been getting a lot done on my truck, its really starting to come together...

Tried to mate the transmission with the engine block by using longer bolts and large nuts as spacers to pull the two together. I think I ended up misaligning the input shaft with the pilot bushing. The flex plate looks like it's bent/flexing. I didn't think it was this hard to do.

If you are aligned properly it should connect without using bolts to draw them together. ( I read this somewhere) I ended up putting a jack under the trans to push it up to give me more room to work without the engine mounts hitting, then adjusted the engine hanging with the front up high and it slid in right onto the dowels, but it took a few tries to get it line up. Good luck!

couldn't remember why i love it so much... then i washed it. brought back why, (its so SEXY!) and again why i hate it, coming from school, so much traffic, and the truck is a clutch, (which is why im selling it)

this weekend... i ran into a 1.5" stick turning around, but scratches and a dent/gash on the front driver fender... :thumbsdown: scratches came out mostly, after the was... dent, eh not so much. :(

Replaced the broken driver-side power window regulator with one from a 93 at the Pick-n-Pull.

Got her smogged (barely passed, possibly the catalytic), registered and put the tags on her. Been driving her with plates 6 months past registration, thought it was finally time.

Later today, if I have the time and sunlight, splicing a new end onto the antenna cable so I can pick up am/fm again.

-replaced my fan clutch

-replaced my egr valve and solenoid (twice) before discovering that the reason the EGR gets stuck open is a problem with the evap canister

edit: subsequently discovered that the egr system isn't even supposed to be hooked up to the canister, my vacuum lines were just connected wrong (I think by the previous owner... I would never do that, would I? :whistle: )

-installed an ash tray, hub cap, and rear window trim

Edited by sewebster

Cleaned out the headlight switch, and got so tired of the door chime that I tore it out, and ran wires from the plug (the blue/pink wire and the brown one with silver dots) up the steering column for an indicator light. Still have to get the light... it'll go through the little cover around the ignition, so that when I get in at night, I can find the damn thing without turning the map lights on. And no more horrendous beeping noise!

new stickers for the old girl!!!!!

My FAVORITE STICKER EVER!!!!!!

2011-09-16_19-14-07_729.jpg

A really good Sticker!!!!!!

caution001.jpg

The wife really doesn't like this one.....oops!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2011-09-16_19-13-56_38.jpg

Oh, well, sorry you TERRORISTS think that!!!!!

2011-09-16_19-13-31_818.jpg

Typical for me!!!!!

2011-09-16_19-13-44_941.jpg

Does a tattoo change who I am on the inside? NO, it changes the outside of me. Just like makeup, waxing, hair dye, and that God awful jewelry you wear!!!!!

and, yes, I might be insane!!!!!

2011-09-16_19-13-17_176.jpg

Edited by Meandmy92Pathy

Dropped the PF off at AAMCO to replace my rear main seal. They had it done by like 3PM, I had dropped it off at 9:30. They used a Fel-Pro rear main seal. I have the old OEM seal that was in use for about 126,080 miles, and it's obvious why it was leaking. I will have some pictures for you guys within the next couple days. I hope this seal fares better!

Edited by Towncivilian

Got used as a "parade route side street block off object", his annual job and contribution to the local community days... Then he got a bath, cleaned out the glove box of some built up usless crap, and removed the roof mount covers since the major "I want a reason to pull you over" weekends are pretty much done with.

Removed driver's side exhaust manifold heat shield and sprayed down the little nuts hiding underneath.

Bought an arsenal of tools: drill bits, swivel sockets, e-z outs, right angle drill, magnet, mirror & general sundries. Gonna tackle the dreaded broken exhaust manifold studs tomorrow am - a job I've been putting off for over a year!