What did you do to your Pathfinder today?

RedRider3141

^Or use the heavy duty washer at the laundromat!!

Tripped in the driveway and shoulder checked my drivers side rear view mirror.

(I sound like Nunya. :doh:)

Did you know they folded forwards as well as backwards? No real damage!! :aok:

(to the truck at least)

B

Put a new radiator in. I also ordered all new ball joints, stabilizer bar links and bushings, panhard rod bushings, and tension rod bushings. Still working on finding some good rear axle links/bushings.

Edited by Kingman

Installed a new stereo system. 2 10" Rockford Fosgate R2s, a 500W RMS (tested true) Rockford Fosgate Mono amp, a Kenwood Excelon deck, and Alpine Type-S component speakers. Friggin pounds and is extremely clear. :D

Fitted the horns from a deVille onto the 'finder. Super easy install, I don't mind the tone but I reeeaalllyyy want more VOLUME. Maybe I'll add a third horn from something....

oh, and while the bumper was off, I sanded down the chrome, fiberglassed the holes, bondo & glaze puttied the holes. Also POR 15'd the bumper inside & out. Tomorrow will include a topcoat of black satin (hot-rod black) and a reinstall. Slowly blacking the chrome out one part @ a time!

well lets see i tightned down this hose clamp that goes under the air filter cleaner housing cause it would leak everyonce in awhile, and then i changed the oil and when i went to start it up wouldnt fire up and when it finally did start black smoke was puffing out and wouldnt stay on for more then 2 secs, finally got it to stay on but im kinda hesitant on it and kinda man now cause i gotta wait til the weekend .

Rerouted transmission cooler hoses so I can finally put the damn stock undercover backup, added a quart of transmission fluid, and yesterday I washed my car.

I gotta vacuum, clean the headliner, seats, steering wheel, center console, steam clean the carpets, and clean the windows soon...

and there's still rust on my tailgate.

More work on the cross member yesterday, I got it back from the powder coating. I think they used the wrong stuff cause its chipping too easy. But its here and I don't have time to dick around back and forth its going in!

There's the new and old. Old being about 3lbs new being about 30lbs.

th_OutOld_InNew.jpg

There it is bolted in place while I mark the frame for welding. The Improved approach angle hides it from view looking straight on....

th_ApproachView.jpg th_FrontView.jpg

And Today I will weld it all in. :)

Nice man!

Put on a few of the bushings I ordered. Panhard rod and all of the stabilizer bar bushings/links and they helped a bit. Just washed it too (because I totally live for destroying my Pathfinder :rolleyes: ) Still waiting on all of the rear axle link bushings, can't wait to put those in.

Edited by Kingman

Today I will be putting the stock air cleaner back in, the cone filter is so loud I can't tell if it is what I'm hearing or if I have the famous exhaust leak.

not my pathfinder but on the sentra: replaced brake caliper, bled brakes, rewired radio I connected backwards after fixing short behind fuse box for brake lights, replaced bad relay for air horn compressor, sanded rust spots on roof and primed, forgot I also pulled the back of the throttle body that houses the idle up control valve, the AAC valve and the FICD solenoid valve and cleaned everything, also removed the MAF sensor and cleaned it (first time ever)

Edited by ahardb0dy

Vacuumed, and cleaned the steering wheel and other parts of the interior with 1:4 ratio Woolite and hot water. Still got a bit more of the interior to clean up (door panels etc). My crappy steam cleaner wasn't very effective on the floor mats, maybe I'll just have them dry cleaned.

installed a snorkel...

IMG_3936.jpg

Slashjt- i'm sure the donuts were fun, but i'm not sure it tests the LSD. i saw how ARB demonstrates their air lockers, and they drive up an incline with one rear wheel on rollers. without the air locker engaged they show the truck slipping, and with the airlocker engaged they show the truck getting traction.

i'd like to do a similar test with our Nissan LSD's. trying to think of what i could use inplace of rollers. as i dont happen to have a 15' length of rollers kicking around...

Edited by shasdakota

Slashjt's test demonstrates that he has an LSD, at the expense of some grass :) But you are right, it doesn't really show how useful it is. If you want to test if your LSD is up to spec, the FSM tells you the breakaway torque. You could probably measure this without taking apart your diff by jacking one side and seeing how much torque it takes you to rotate the jacked wheel (in neutral). Not sure how to best measure that. But again, this would just be a number and not really be as nice to see as that hill climb video :)

Slashjt's test demonstrates that he has an LSD, at the expense of some grass :) But you are right, it doesn't really show how useful it is. If you want to test if your LSD is up to spec, the FSM tells you the breakaway torque. You could probably measure this without taking apart your diff by jacking one side and seeing how much torque it takes you to rotate the jacked wheel (in neutral). Not sure how to best measure that. But again, this would just be a number and not really be as nice to see as that hill climb video :)

Yes, I'm aware of that.. and doing donuts with LSD is waaaaaaay easier that with an open diff (the inner wheel keeps spinning and nothing happens).

I have tested the LSD off road and works very good, but it ain't as good as a full locker, that's clear.