What did you do to your Pathfinder today?

RedRider3141

Well, got the tops installed, my damn 1/2" drill bit is too dull to drill the holes in the sway bar.....will buy the new one tomorrow!!!!! and the install will continue!!!!!

Right side

2011-07-26_17-20-31_532.jpg

Left side

2011-07-26_17-20-51_832.jpg

After I got everything disconnected, I started thinking......what does everyone do with the hanging down sway bar while wheelin'? I was thinking that I could bungee it up, or zip tie it up with enough slack that the zip ties won't break.....ideas???

Edited by Meandmy92Pathy

put my sway bar link back on. I actually WAS already used to the little city sway he had without it, but I know I gotta do a quick run on route 28 tomorrow (past the parking lot construction area) so I didn't need something else to chase while driving.

meat_loaf.jpg

that's also Meatloaf...

Well, got the tops installed, my damn 1/2" drill bit is too dull to drill the holes in the sway bar.....will buy the new one tomorrow!!!!! and the install will continue!!!!!

Right side

2011-07-26_17-20-31_532.jpg

Left side

2011-07-26_17-20-51_832.jpg

After I got everything disconnected, I started thinking......what does everyone do with the hanging down sway bar while wheelin'? I was thinking that I could bungee it up, or zip tie it up with enough slack that the zip ties won't break.....ideas???

I can always play Army and use 100 MPH tape just for the trip.....I guess that would be regular duct tape for the rest of you guys......ours is green and supposedly will not peel off until 100 mph......no experience there......

Edited by Meandmy92Pathy

and don't expect it in a wd21 :lol:

My plan is to only make 1 anyway. With 1 side disconnected it will be free of limiting and not dangle due to still being connected on the other. Only worry then is how to tie the dangling half of the link!

Got my ball mount and trailer wiring in the mail so I installed those. I also installed some little 6 inch LED strip lights that I'm now using for turn signals. In the pic below you can see them on the lower corners of the grill. I got them from the local parts store. They stick on with double sided tape.

185507_10150272600993087_732603086_7586187_7666357_n.jpg

Figured out my Pathfinder can't do a wheelie anymore. It used to be able to kick the front tires 4-6" off the ground but now it won't. I think it's because of the MTs not grabbing the pavement as well, they just spin. :(

I got a new windshield on Friday. Ok well, my buddy got it for me for my birthday! I had a crack crossing the entire lenth of it. I think maybe it was bothering him as we carpool to work!

Oh, I also pulled all the U-joint screws and pumped 'em full of grease!

Bailing wire, duct tape, and zip ties are the friend of alot of us rednecks that live down here in the south!!!!!!! I will make it work, one way or another!!!!!!

You forgot the JB weld to make it a complete repair kit :)

whas a good day today..

removed the old bearing races, and re-installed new ones with the help of my new toy (20 tons press):

press20.JPG

boy does it make the job easier.. took 20 minutes for all 4 races...

then install new bearings and grease seals... I used another small tool that I bought for packing the bearings: the lisle bearing packing tool : 158100_lg.jpg

This thing made packing the bearings a 10 sec thing... I love it. !

here's a video of how it works.. :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRrJemtqwP0

then finally put some new rotors too followed by my new warn hubs... I,m a little tired :wacko:

tomorrow, putting my new pads and be done with the front... attacking the rear links after that... feels good finally to give some tlc to my little pathy ! :-)

Edited by fleurys

Nothing missing I hope. Vandals and thiefs suck... Get a job and be a usefull part of society...

Nope, nothing missing.....and the crazy thing is, I left the keys in it!!!!!! Thought I lived in an OK neighborhood.......

Three years and first issue, I guess, as the saying goes, there's a first time for everything!!!!!!

Edited by Meandmy92Pathy