What did you do to your Pathfinder today?

RedRider3141

How did you get around the problem of the Daytime running lights. They use the high beams at half power. So if the DRL module sends the half power to the highbeam wire won't it just trigger the full power from the battery that the relay sends to the bulb?

How did you get around the problem of the Daytime running lights. They use the high beams at half power. So if the DRL module sends the half power to the highbeam wire won't it just trigger the full power from the battery that the relay sends to the bulb?

Honestly, I don't have that problem.

No DRLs. My '95 is originally from Nevada. Were DRLs mandatory here in '95? I always drive with my lights on, and here, we don't have yearly vehicle inspections. Lucky me!

One thing (oddly enough) that I discovered is this. When I first got the 'finder, the driver side lo beam didn't work (classic p-finder!). Bad ground I thought, so I cut the driver's socket ground (black wire) and rewired it to the frame. This caused the driver's light to come on WHEN I RELEASED THE PARKING BRAKE! Lights behaved normally when ignition was off, or when idling, but as soon as that p-brake hit the switch, the drivers light came on.

Suggestion: Cut both sockets' ground and rewire to frame, perhaps then, when you release the p-brake, both will come on and you will have DRLs. However, I am NOT positive about this. If you get that premade harness, it just plugs into your passenger socket. Since that is now grounded to the frame, you have switched power and your DRLS will work.

I think you just have to have lights come on automatically, not specifically hi-beams @ 1/2 power.

Try it, :crossedwires: & let us know.

Honestly, I don't have that problem.

No DRLs. My '95 is originally from Nevada. Were DRLs mandatory here in '95? I always drive with my lights on, and here, we don't have yearly vehicle inspections. Lucky me!

One thing (oddly enough) that I discovered is this. When I first got the 'finder, the driver side lo beam didn't work (classic p-finder!). Bad ground I thought, so I cut the driver's socket ground (black wire) and rewired it to the frame. This caused the driver's light to come on WHEN I RELEASED THE PARKING BRAKE! Lights behaved normally when ignition was off, or when idling, but as soon as that p-brake hit the switch, the drivers light came on.

Suggestion: Cut both sockets' ground and rewire to frame, perhaps then, when you release the p-brake, both will come on and you will have DRLs. However, I am NOT positive about this. If you get that premade harness, it just plugs into your passenger socket. Since that is now grounded to the frame, you have switched power and your DRLS will work.

I think you just have to have lights come on automatically, not specifically hi-beams @ 1/2 power.

Try it, :crossedwires: & let us know.

My light wiring has already been jacked by someone in the past. The DRL module is known to fail on these trucks so someone cut the drivers side high beam wire and spliced the passenger side high beam wire into it.

I added the relays for the low beams but have not done the highs yet because of this DRL issue.

filled the tank, thinkin the drivers front wheel bearings are finished (feels like tire rubbing at low speed up to 15 or so, then goes away, i have no tire rubbing...)

rolled over 183000mi yesterday..

Researched A/C systems to find out the impact of running a smaller A/C condenser so I could mount thicker coolers(like ones with dedicated fans) next to it instead of thin ones in front or behind it.

Found out smaller condensers radiate a little more heat to other coolers in the area (duh) The impact on the AC systems cold air may be noticeable but it is not huge and Both my Pathy's blow pretty damn cold air in the summer as it is...

Also learned the the larger the condenser the easier it is for the engine to turn the compressor thus More MPG while compressor is engaged (but it will stay engaged for longer)

Thats it. Just reasearch. Does that count?

We made an early run to Pick A Part and filled about 1/4 of the list.

Started in on the 88 replaced the rear window squirter motor with one from a Stanza, had to swap the base of the pump because of different mounts, oh great now the nozzles are plugged popped the inside trim panel and removed the nozzle blew it out with the compressor now it works yeah.

On to the 94 the tweeters didn't work and when I checked them out I found them disconnected, ran new speaker wires because I thought it would be easier then trying to trace the originals, oops drivers side is blown, good old pick a part comes through again with the replacement.

More piddlin stuff to do tomorrow.

I guess I'm pretty lucky both the 88 and the 94 run great it's just the little cosmetic stuff, you know the things that nickle and dime you

Fitted the S30 Airflow snorkel to my 94 Pathfinder. The snorkel is actually made for a Navara, the front ends should be the same, oh how I was wrong. Had to modify everything, was a bitch to install, strewth the only thing the same was the shape of the guard, and even then its touch and go. Might have to modify windscreen wiper so it doesnt touch snorkel.

Got the parts together to replace and repair the compression rod mounts and bushings. Bought sealant for the windshield.

Would anyone be interested in a write-up/pics on sealing the front glass, or is that obvious and a waste of time?

I took apart my power antenna to figure out why it wasn't working. While in the fender, I installed a cut-off switch between the antenna motor timer and the motor itself so I can leave the antenna up or down in the winter rather than fight with the ice and frozen mechanism.