How I Fixed my Digital Dash Clock

RedRider3141

First off I have to admit I can't take credit for figuring this out, I got the idea here: Nissan Forums from TuffguyF4i. So here's to you TuffguyF4i :beer:

It was just as easy as he said. I took out the clock and removed the back cover to expose the circuit board. It took a bit to recognize the crack in the Solder but a quick check with a continuity meter confirmed I had found a break. Lucky for me there was only one. I heated up my soldering iron added a bit of fresh solder and put it all back together and BINGO! Dash Clock. :jig:

Here is the Board: I found my R6 was cracked, photo didn't turn out great, but it wasn't much of a crack to begin with.

IMG_0025.JPG

My clock tends to run a little fast. It seems to gain a minute every few weeks or so. I know solder won't fix it, but has anyone else noticed that?

Same here. After 2 months I have to reset it back 2-3mins.

Which is pretty sad, as the clock in the instrument cluster on my 1988 Hardbody keeps perfect time ;)

• Like 1

My clock tends to run a little fast. It seems to gain a minute every few weeks or so. I know solder won't fix it, but has anyone else noticed that?

I cant answer that one...my clock hasnt worked long enough for me to tell...one or two days in a row at the most...and it hasnt worked at all for a couple months.

Tye

My dash clock normally sais it's 71:E9 or some wHierd crap so I couldn't tell ya.... I solved it by finally setting the clock in my aftermarket head unit :shrug:

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...