ATF Fluid L to H

vanuatoo

Hello people

I've got 2003 nissan pathfinder SE 4x4.

I've checked the transmission fluid as stated in the manual and it's on L mark of HOT Range.

Does anyone know what amount of fluid should I add to make it to H mark, or at least tell me what is the safe amount to add step by step?

Thanks everyone.

take a look at your owner's manual. it will tell you what and which fluid to use and how to add it, but topping off fluid is supposed to be added straight into the charge pipe.

it tells me everything except the amount of fluid between L and H mark, that is my question.

I personally think the transmission dipstick is rather difficult to read. I would just add 1/4th of a quart until you reach your desired reading. It's a relatively small amount, and while it may take a while you will most likely not overfill your transmission this way.

When I dropped my transmission pan on my R50 a couple weeks back I drained about 5.5 qt; 5qt in a bucket from the drain plug and then the pan itself after dropping, then it seemed to be low half a quart presumably lost to dripping and changing out the filter.

Man this is a tough topic. My 02 VQ with a large oil cooler is VERY touchy. I have just the slightest overage in fluid when hot. The result is that when this trans is cold it slips gears baaaad, so I take it easy on it and let off throttle for it to change without spinning up. Once warm everything goes back to normal, but for sure check check and re-check that level as you fill up. I am not liking the prices for a VQ 401 trans that I see!

I was pretty certain it was 1 quart on the dipstick....I'd wait for an r50 owner to chime in before following this though

I'd personally fill in 1/2 quart (pint) incriments as I have seen quite a fiew cars that the distance from "L" to "F" equal 1 pint.

I'm almost certain that I read that the WD21 tranny was 1 pint from L to H which means it would be the same for the 96-00 R50 and by extension the 01-04 R50s as well. If nothing else, it is a safe increment.

B