SFD

Short list, I made awhile ago in the SFD thread in the pinned topics. Im sure im missing a few but whatever...they will tune in im sure.

-Me (Andrew)

-Rick13

-Muddfilldvaynes

-MichiganAve

-Thunderbolt (David)

-qx4palo

-Adventure51 (soon to install)

-There is another guy on NTR in Texas that has a SFD (systemf)

-As well as numerous others that have been asking about the kit and will most likely get one soon.

Canada

-Shift220 (Andrew)

-New4x4er (Rod)

-Tekazgtr (Ty....he has his lift, but I dont know when he is going to install)

Other Places

-DanAk

Edited by 01silvapathy
  • Like 1

Was it you who said no more topping out struts ? Is Krypton the best kit ? Do you get all the Hardware ? what about jeep coils and shocks on rear with ac 2 inch coils on front which ones ?

Edited by PaMountianbiker
  • Like 1

Yes it was me, I have only had the struts top out once or twice since the lift as opposed to pretty much everytime that I drove it with the 2in lift. Check around there is plenty of info all over the site about the SFD.

Link to KRFabs Kit thread

http://www.nissanpathfinders.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=27981

Link to the SFD Discussion thread 20 pages of info here

http://www.nissanpathfinders.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=23821

Link to my install thread w/pics...everything you need to know about install of this lift.

http://www.nissanpathfinders.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=28342&st=0&p=536836&fromsearch=1entry536836

Edited by 01silvapathy

just read all of those pages in your thread .Do you think not topping out is because you have 4.5" spacers and 4"Sfd ? Pushing struts down a little ?

Your assumption may be correct. The other SFDers may add to this.

Jose

I must have missed what you did for the steering extension. Any pictures???

I will try and take some pictures for you tomorrow, Tyler. Basically the joint that Alex sent did not work out the way we needed it to. So we wound up having to customize it ourselves to get it to work. Its still plenty strong, TIG welded with stainless.

Sounds great! I think the steering modifications are what hold a lot of people up from doing the subframe drop. Nobody wants something that might fall apart on the road and it's often tough to track down parts when you don't know what it needs. I'd like to see what you did when you have some time to get pictures and maybe even get some measurements. I found a couple sources for parts that might work well.

Yeah that was probably my greatest concern over the whole lift, simply because its such a critical part. But we did come up with a solution to the problem utilizing parts from the honda joint and the stock joint. I will be able to better explain it with pics lol. But the joint is strong and stood up to its tests and took em like a champ! Let me know what measurements you want and ill try and get them....but the shaft is def not coming off. Too much of a hassel to do in my garage, maybe next time im back at the shop I will.

• 2 months later...

Buy SFD from krypton for sure! Hands down the best and WAAAAAY easier then doing it yourself. His Steering extension is a work of art, so buy two. One for the coffee table and one to install ;-)

Buy SFD from krypton for sure! Hands down the best and WAAAAAY easier then doing it yourself. His Steering extension is a work of art, so buy two. One for the coffee table and one to install ;-)

True story. :lol:

Seriously, though. It is the sexiest steering extension you'll ever see.

IMG00194-20110303-1933.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

i agree that is one badass lookin steering extension.

i agree that is one badass lookin steering extension.

• 1 year later...