what to do what to do...

Daves94XE

what should i get?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. which would you get if you had 400 to spend?

• XRC8000 lbs winch $299
    • (4) d window steel wheels $225
    • 3" lift upper control arms,shocks,jgc coils,panhard drop bracket

ok im getting my taxes back soon and am plannning on doing some work to the truck,I'm getting a new set of front manual hubs, and fix the pass manifold(exhaust leak)plus a couple little things. I am gonna spend bout 300-400 max on the pathy and can't decide what I want. If I get a winch I can get the extra battery and stuff to do it right( i can build the mounting brackets), OR buy 4 new 15x8 rims, Or buy my upper control arms and peice together my 3" lift. But if I get my wheels I can sell the stockers I got now,what you guys think they are worth?so I can possibly wait on my rims. or anything else you guys would buy? let me know. Thanks Dave

Edited by Daves94XE

kinda depends on what you want out of your truck....I pieced together my 6" (3+3) lift for under $500

I'm just doing a 3" thats all I really need.I got new 31's, so im not buying new tires. I mainly use mine for light trails and getting to fishing spots. mines too nice to beat on like some of the guys on here do.

mines too nice to beat on like some of the guys on here do.

I know the feeling, but don't say it too loud or some people will rip on you for not wheeling like you stole it actively destroying your truck. ;)

Ok, that said, I bought my XRC8 for $250+tax (watch for web sales), I bought 5 Crager Soft 8s for $212 delivered (Summit Racing), and you can get Super Lift arms, only rear shocks (front don't change in length) and JGC coils for $250-300ish depending on a few things.

Seriously, don't let the $ burn a hole in your pocket. Have the $ ready and wait to get a deal and the most bang for buck...

Do you have a winch bumper?

What rims do you have now?? What's wrong with them?

I think I'd lean towards the lift first... :shrug:

B

I got the stock 15x6 chromies, tryin to find legos local but not having any luck. really want some 15x7's or 8's so I don't wear my new 31's prematurely.Been trying to find some used uppers but not having any luck.im prob gonna end up building a winch bumper.if i can find upper arms may just buy my wheels and do the lift.

you probably don't want to spend this much for the stock lego wheels but here is a set I just found in Georgia, no idea if it is close to you or not:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180602679417&viewitem=

here's a listing for one for $22 to get you started, also in Georgia:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/86-87-88-89-90-91-92-Nissan-4WD-Alloy-Rim-Wheel-62147-/330520345060?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item4cf48c39e4

I'll give you my 4 legos with the 31's when I lift my PF if that time ever comes !! LOL

Edited by ahardb0dy

I got the stock 15x6 chromies, tryin to find legos local but not having any luck. really want some 15x7's or 8's so I don't wear my new 31's prematurely.Been trying to find some used uppers but not having any luck.im prob gonna end up building a winch bumper.if i can find upper arms may just buy my wheels and do the lift.

If you're running 31x10.50s there shouldn't be premature wear by using the stock chrome rims. I and others have run like this for years. The premature wear i had came from having wack steering/alignment issues.

Yes...i beat my Pathy....she likes it....mostly! :tongue: [<--This comment was for entertainment purposes only. Don't try this at home unless you have spare vehicle]

hey precise what all came with yours? i know you get the winch and controller. does the roller fairlead and all the battery cables come with it? i know on sone sites it says it does and on some it doesnt say anything.where did you get your control arms?

if it were me...i'd buy an axle and start preping it for a SAS...

but i'd say which ever you need more b/c iwth the SL you'll need larger tires eventually

check out rockcrawler's by procomp...that's what i have on my 87 and they take a beating and are pretty cheap...if u r looking at new wheels

Edited by unccpathfinder

hey precise what all came with yours? i know you get the winch and controller. does the roller fairlead and all the battery cables come with it? i know on sone sites it says it does and on some it doesnt say anything.where did you get your control arms?

I got my XRC8 winch at 4wheelparts.com for $250+tax out the door. I know the roller fairlead comes with it and I'm pretty sure the cables too. I'll check the box tomorrow, it's sitting on the shelf in the garage. (I have a used winch with electrical cables so I never paid attention to that)

I bought my control arms used, but go to the local truck shop and ask about Superlift UCA's for Hardbodies (4x4 V6 of course). They'll want to sell a kit (front and rear), but explain that ther was front end damage and you just need the UCAs. They can be sold seperately... ;)

B

My XRC8 came with everything needed, except the bumper to put it on! Lol The relay box can be mounted over the spool or over the motor. Over the spool would have looked more centered but I figured it would be in the way when respooling the cable. It had more than enough battery cable since our battery is on the same side as the relay box, the hand held remote, fairlead with rusty E clips, and even a canvas cover that faded to gray in a months time. Still keeps the winch looking new though.

James

I voted for the suspension work also. Im going to add something though, a new center link. If you do off road, and you dont want to chew your tires up, get a relacement centerlink. Grassroots, Calmini, make your own, whatever. With good stuff in place on the suspension, it will be able to handle the rest of the stuff, like the added weight of the winch and bumper! I started with a lift(3+3) and tires. Then added a locker. After burning up two factory centerlinks, I just installed a Grassroots CL. One heck of a process so far. I dont think it will ever end!

• 3 weeks later...

ok so i didn't get to get any of the things i wanted in my poll :( BUT i did score a set of factory rear disk axles with brake lines,e brake cables and good nissan pads and calipers for 100 bux :) and everytime i go to pull a part i find a lonely single lego laying there. so now i got 2 so now i need to find 2 more and a set of center caps LOL not bad for a grand total of 136 bux!

Edited by Daves94XE

I'm just doing a 3" thats all I really need.I got new 31's, so im not buying new tires. I mainly use mine for light trails and getting to fishing spots. mines too nice to beat on like some of the guys on here do.

I know the feeling, but don't say it too loud or some people will rip on you for not wheeling like you stole it actively destroying your truck. ;)

B

Dont listion to the old reformed four wheeler whos ready to buy a Prius(read that-B from Kalistan), four wheeling does a Pathfinder good, it makes all the bushings wear evenly and gives you a reason to own a 4x4 mini van.

• 2 years later...
  • 4 months later...

Yes...i beat my Pathy....she likes it....mostly! :tongue: [<--This comment was for entertainment purposes only. Don't try this at home unless you have spare vehicle]

^^^^^^I approve this message. Thanks to my last swimming incident, I was glad I kept my previous car and happier still that it only cost $7 to swap tags at the DMV. They know me by name now.

To the OP, it depends on what you do to your Pathy. Out of those choices I would go for the winch, because I am an idiot and will put one to good use, not just a pretty bumper accessory. If you don't get stuck EVER, then lift kit. Hard to say, we all drive different.

• 4 weeks later...