VSS Black wire

WyKi

Hey guys i finally decided to take the seat off to check the VSS, and first it does not have a reset switch/button on it it just says Nissan and took it apart and inside no switch/button either. Second, i went and checked the wires and found one of the black wires cut**the one next to the blue/red tracer wire.** Do any of you wave a wiring diagram or know where this wire goes connected to? as i think that this is why my VSS does not work. Thanks

DSCI0635.jpg

DSCI0634.jpg

DSCI0636.jpg

DSCI0637.jpg

I posted all of the TSB's I could find regarding the VSS system, in the How-to section. Here is the wiring diagram and pin numbers with wire colors. It should be the same, but I have never seen a box like that. It may be the original VSS unit that was later replaced by the one with the button in the middle.....

scan0003.jpg

scan0004.jpg

Edited by 5523Pathfinder

That cover looks like the VSS module for a 89-93 D21 Hardbody pickup.....

Very similar.

It is a little hard to tell from the picture but it looks like the Black/Red wire is cut. If you look at the wiring diagram, that goes to the hood pin switch.

The system will think the pin (and hood) is in the up position and will not arm.

That cover looks like the VSS module for a 89-93 D21 Hardbody pickup.....

Very similar.

It is a little hard to tell from the picture but it looks like the Black/Red wire is cut. If you look at the wiring diagram, that goes to the hood pin switch.

The system will think the pin (and hood) is in the up position and will not arm.

Ok so then what? Do I put electricity to it then? or ground it? because the light on the dash switch isnt on either....

Edited by WyKi