The Rear Window Squirters on a '95 Pathfinder

DoctorBill

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone have any tricks on how to keep the rear nozzles from clogging up with road dirt? About as soon as I unplugged them and got them working again, the vacuum behind the truck that also dirtied the window clogged the nozzles to where I barely get a dribble.

Anyone have any tricks on how to keep the rear nozzles from clogging up with road dirt? About as soon as I unplugged them and got them working again, the vacuum behind the truck that also dirtied the window clogged the nozzles to where I barely get a dribble.

you have a wing on the back or wingless? The main porpose of the wing (besides bein cool B) )is to help keep the back window clear, might also assist in keepin crap outa the squirter... unless your throwin mud pies at your 3rd brake light :shrug:

• Like 1

Shares the same bottle as the front, just 2 separate pumps for different ends of the truck. Plumbing for the rear runs in the roof above the headliner

Damn, I missed this!! I would have told him that the rear nozzle sprays blinker fluid and that he should remove and refill the tail lights just to be safe...

BlinkFluid.jpg

B

you have a wing on the back or wingless? The main porpose of the wing (besides bein cool B) )is to help keep the back window clear, might also assist in keepin crap outa the squirter... unless your throwin mud pies at your 3rd brake light :shrug:

No wing, no roof rack, no 4WD... about the only thing I have is A/C, cruise control and ground clearance. Wish the deal I scored on this would have been of the 4WD variety, for sure. Guess I will re-clean it as suggested and, if it re-clogs again, I'll just have to accept that Indiana has dirty, dirty roads.

Damn, I missed this!! I would have told him that the rear nozzle sprays blinker fluid and that he should remove and refill the tail lights just to be safe...

How long you think before would figure you out and check the muffler valve instead? Actually, the hose to those rear squirters can get pinched off when the Johnson bar bumps up against the atmospheric depressurizer.

• 5 years later...

you have a wing on the back or wingless? The main porpose of the wing (besides bein cool http://www.nissanpathfinders.net/forum/public/style_emoticons/#EMO_DIR#/cool.gif )is to help keep the back window clear, might also assist in keepin crap outa the squirter... unless your throwin mud pies at your 3rd brake light http://www.nissanpathfinders.net/forum/public/style_emoticons/#EMO_DIR#/shrug.gif

I have a backwards wing too, and it still gets clogged. Plus, those things don't do anything. Edited by Kyle_Cope1

The way I managed to unlock mine was tape down the switch for the rear squirters then quickly ran to the back and used a needle, shoved that in and out a few times to get it flowing. One side had a single grain of sand or something in it but it got out. Must've been in the actual reservoir itself. I once found a cockroach in there, don't ask me how it managed to get in past the actual lid but it got in there.

The way I managed to unlock mine was tape down the switch for the rear squirters then quickly ran to the back and used a needle, shoved that in and out a few times to get it flowing. One side had a single grain of sand or something in it but it got out. Must've been in the actual reservoir itself. I once found a cockroach in there, don't ask me how it managed to get in past the actual lid but it got in there.

them cockroaches can get in the tiniest of crevices.