JDM sidemarkers where to find them at?

whosfinder

i tried to find some nice volkswagen lights too, but i decided to get some round led markers to pop in. I wired them to flash with the turn signal too, it's super easy.

"pathrider" do they sell them in orange? i like those they look cool.

Im not sure..I dont sell those

edit

found these set..theres a lot more but this seems to be the easiest to install...search euro side markers

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/94-01-INTEGRA-DC2-SIDE-MARKER-AMBER-DOME-LIGHTS-BLACK-/390274695784?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item5ade2f4268

Edited by PATHRIDER

Are you guys referring to the little amber light on the front fender between the tire and door that the over seas guys have? Why would you want to add them?

James

answer to this is basicly...

yeah..extra visibility on turns and it looks cool

sit in a car while next to your Pathy and put the turn signal on. Not a clue its even on or there is any thought of turning/merging/etc... now put a light on the fender. More visability of what your gonna do (assuming you USE turn signals, if not then why bother) and if your gonna go through with it, might as well get a light you want to look at, keep you from cringing every time you look at it getting in your truck.

answer to this is basicly...

sit in a car while next to your Pathy and put the turn signal on. Not a clue its even on or there is any thought of turning/merging/etc... now put a light on the fender. More visability of what your gonna do (assuming you USE turn signals, if not then why bother) and if your gonna go through with it, might as well get a light you want to look at, keep you from cringing every time you look at it getting in your truck.

Yea I see your point with the blinker on the front bumper no one could see it from the side. I just never thought about it before, It has to look better than all those fake air vents people put on the fender of their jacked up cars with 30" wheels!

So now y'all got me interested lets see some pics.

I have been thinking about adding some cornering lamps to the fenders. I'm sure I could come up with a timer circuit to light them when the signal is on. Should help when wheeling in the dark and it looks cool.

James

Like I've said, I have a pair from a 01 Passat (basicly a clear oval-ish lense, "crhome" backing and a 194a bulb you can't really see unless it's lit) which with the simplicity of their look should flwo fine with the simple lines of a wd21. The "chrome"/clear look should blend with the white fenders as well... I'll be doein some mock-ups before I cut to decide exactly where I want them. Pics wil be soon to come :aok:

Yea I see your point with the blinker on the front bumper no one could see it from the side. I just never thought about it before, It has to look better than all those fake air vents people put on the fender of their jacked up cars with 30" wheels!

So now y'all got me interested lets see some pics.

I have been thinking about adding some cornering lamps to the fenders. I'm sure I could come up with a timer circuit to light them when the signal is on. Should help when wheeling in the dark and it looks cool.

James

Why would you put a timer circuit on it? You could just easily tie in to the bumper signal wiring

Like I've said, I have a pair from a 01 Passat (basicly a clear oval-ish lense, "crhome" backing and a 194a bulb you can't really see unless it's lit) which with the simplicity of their look should flwo fine with the simple lines of a wd21. The "chrome"/clear look should blend with the white fenders as well... I'll be doein some mock-ups before I cut to decide exactly where I want them. Pics wil be soon to come :aok:

do you have to cut an oval opening for that? Ive seen some cool sets on the bay but the backing is so bulky unlike the flush mounted sets I posted that you have to cut a rectangular holes..Ive seen a real nice smoked lens thatll match real good with my black fenders but it has to be mounted by cutting a rectangular hole on my fender

Cant wait to see your mod on that bud :beer:

most likely gonna have to cut a hole close to the size of the light due to the way they mount. They are in my toolbox at work so I cant currently even get un-mounted pics (since I aint in the mood to go to work currently :lol: )

theres a couple of things that must be taken into consideration on this mod...Size of the marker light and curvature...If you guys noticed that the front fender doesnt really have a large flat area..a 2x1 would probably barely fit on there properly. I know that any size can be mounted but itll look like crap if those markers doesnt flow with the curve of the fender

Im going to cut a piece of abs in the size of that clear side markers on ebay and see if I can find a spot on the fender that the abs is going to sit flush

If you hook it into the signal lights will it screw up the rate that they blink?

No I don't think it will as we have them on our trucks here in NZ.

I even replaced the lamps in my side markers with LED's and that still didn't upset the flash rate. I do not think they have a separate flasher for the side markers, all part of the same wiring AFAIK.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&_trksid=p4340.m748&item=350428073315&viewitem=&_trkparms=clkid%3D6134703682011767811

Edited by kiwipete