body work

wilson

Standard exterior silicon sealant from the hardware store (same stuff you use to seal around windows). You can buy it many different colors (my hardware store has like 30-40 colors) and is easy to apply. Is also easy to remove later on if you want to professionally fix the hole.

you know of any good source that show how to do this?

I kinda watched a vid or two on youtube, but it really wasn't too difficult (I used some when cutting up my 1/4 panel) mix it, spread it over the area in a rough estimation of the desired shape, let it cure, sand it down a bit, clean, apply a thin skim of the smooth stuff over a slightly larger area to "feather" it into the shape, let it cure, sand it smooth, paint, done ;)

but reconsidering it, unless you have a good way to paint it to match, you might as well do a quick fix, i.e. a rubber stopper or silicon.....its basically a question of how thorough do you wish to be?

If you havent ever played with fiberglass/bondo and you've watched video's on how to you're not gonna be great at it at first...I've done a decent amount of fiberglassing at my old job and it's one of those things you learn from experience.

I like the rubber grommet idea...but i'd still want to see a pic of this

I like he grommet idea or the glue a coin idea (I'd leave the coin see-able though to screw with people :lol: ) simple and effective and the grommet can be popped out incase you change your mind and go back to whatever you were originally doeing. My guess is roof mounts and it was gonna be a wire hole? :shrug:

mounted a roof rack using well-nuts.so In reality I have (8) 1/2 in ch holes in the roof!!! hilarious.

now I'm not sure I like this solution. I think the rubber areas will wear through over time with any serious weight up there on a bumpy road. I really just want to reduce the size if the holes, so Ican just put some smaller bolts through it.

ahardbody where can I get that thing? it is exactly what I'm looking for!

Edited by wilson

can't remember where I saw those, but I just found these:

http://www.automationdirect.com/adc/Search/Search?searchquery=hw-fghp&cmd=Search&fctype=adc.falcon.search.SearchFormCtrl&TxnNumber=-1

you can just search google for hole plug or pvc hole plug and they will come up, check your local hardware store in the bath section also.

just found this site but they are on the expensive side:

http://www.alliedelec.com/search/productdetail.aspx?SKU=8062205

Edited by ahardb0dy