Safari Rack

vmodi

Economically challenged usually equals cheap, unless you can make your own or find yourself a decent pre-owned. Otherwise I belive the more namebrand ones have a decent price tag on em... sorry

My basket was a decent price, I believe it is sold under the Coleman name in the states. Much cheaper than the Thule or Yakima baskets. That said, I got my (Thule) crossbars used... they wouldnt be cheap to buy new.

Try craigslist for used items.

I have the Yakima Load Warrior. I am thoroughly impressed with the durability and load. I have stuck a ton of crap up there with the net keeping it all safe. The thing I would warn about is the factory cross bars if you plan on using them. I snapped one in half driving around logging roads in Idaho looking for a place to camp. I would run Yakima or Thule bars if you plan on putting some serious weight up top.

-Kevin

The Yakima Load Warrior is great. My rack has been used for years with camping and trail riding. The rack also allows you to hook a lot of stuff up to it.

building one is the most cost effective, but is limited by tools and skills. i built mine for free, and is bigger and stronger than anything the market offers. my roof will actually give way before the basket would.