Ball Joint Suggestions?

01silvapathy

So im getting around to needing new ball joints for the truck and I was wondering what brands others have had success with, and what brands to stick away from. I am also going to be getting new strut mounts and im sticking with genuine Nissan OEM parts for that. Just never done the ball joints and they are stock with 102k on the truck. Any help would be great!

For lowers, I went to NAPA which carried a couple different brands, but one brand was around $20 per joint. No issues so far but I don't have many miles on them. Other places wanted around $90 including Nissan OEM. I have a 97 with high miles so as long as it works, that is good enough for me.

-Kevin

Don't get the napa ones, I decided to try the $20 ones and completely smoke within a month and half. If you are going to do this and save yourself the time and headache of replacing them get either the Nissan ( which the Toyota guys been getting the manufacturing ones, because of the problems with the aftermarket ones.) or Moogs, which I have had on for a little over a year and still fine.

David

Ive messed with Moog, cheap ebay, napa house brand. All suck to me

Im back to oem now and they are the only ones that have made it past 10k miles or so. But they were $210ish canadian at the dealer for the pair

Mind you my truck is lowerred and maybe that means it eats them a little faster.

The cheap ebay ones were the worst, didnt last 2 weeks

one thing you must know.. moog is guaranteed for life.... last set you'll ever buy.... it's worth something considering if you start offroading it seriously...

Its always been offroaded seriously :handlebars: But yes that is a good point!

Ive messed with Moog, cheap ebay, napa house brand. All suck to me

Im back to oem now and they are the only ones that have made it past 10k miles or so. But they were $210ish canadian at the dealer for the pair

Mind you my truck is lowerred and maybe that means it eats them a little faster.

The cheap ebay ones were the worst, didnt last 2 weeks

LOWERED??? what's that?? LOL

I bought the cheap ones last summer...saved 20 buck a side...broke in 8 mnths or less.

I just got Raybestos lifetime warranty ones on sale for 90 bucks each. no grease fittings but they DO HAVE LIFETIME WARRANTY if you keep receipt.

Now...when i complained bout my old ones wearing so fast they asked if my boots were torn??? When i answered YES..they said that that voids the warranty...another member of this site gave me a hint bout that...you tell them you ripped the boots using the fork puller to get them out!!!! (You know who you are)

Sounds like it would work...the fork does destroy them!!!! And how are they supposed to last a lifetime if they cant be re-greased???

Tye

LOWERED??? what's that?? LOL

I know Im the odd-ball lol

I think it would be hard to have them honor a lifetime warranty on something like a balljoint. But if you were to try that, would you just call them up to make sure they have 2 in stock, take your broken ones off, take another vehicle to the store and try and get them to exchange for free?? Id be very pissed if I pulled the ones off to find out they wont exhcnage them or something

Im debating going with a warranty one, but dont know what options there are in canada, my truck seems to eat these things though

Edited by WOT