Resister pack

Nismojunky

Ah you have the same problem as me. It doesn't sound like its the resistor though. If the resistor was bad the fan would only work on 4 and not on the other speeds. The fan switch has probably got a dirty/corroded contact, so it's not letting power get to the motor on the 4 speed setting.

thats what ive been doing for a year now, the problem is im a contractor and i have lunch in my truck and its friggen cold right now and 3 isnt moving enough heat into the cab (im a smoker window is cracked)

thats what ive been doing for a year now, the problem is im a contractor and i have lunch in my truck and its friggen cold right now and 3 isnt moving enough heat into the cab (im a smoker window is cracked)

Yeah I hear ya. That 4th speed makes a big difference. Well what I did is went to the local pull a part and took the who heater control assembly out of either a pathfinder or a hardbody. It helped get me familiar with the installation process without tearing up something on my truck. I think the whole assembly was less than $20. The biggest difficultly in getting the control unit out is unhooking the cables that attach to the levers. Very little room to work, and alot of brittle plastic parts.