what does everyone do for work?

ahardb0dy

I used to work as a veterinary surgeon assistant, and get the occasional kickback for repairing my family's cars (I usually get 50% the cost of parts, or 50% what labor was quoted at the shop)

For a while I was doing graphic design, as well as the occasional photography gig...made a fair buck doin that....but its been a while since I've done regular designing due to other priorities.

Now I'm a college bum...just about poor, and jobless, but gonna hopefully find a job on the stretch of road where theres about 10 dealerships, 6 quick oil changes, and 5 auto parts stores right outside of campus for the spring/summer.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lets start at the beginning shall we.

Grinder,I ground the burrs off of sheet metal that came out of a turet.

Wal-mart stockman(kart pusher)says it all doesnt it,I also had to shovel snow,drop salt and clean bathrooms,all the fun work.

Then a unpaid intern ship where I aseblem desk top chassis's and desks.

Then I was a welder/driver for a place,I liked this but they relocated and I couldnt follow.Basic's of it was I built trailers and delievered them when we didnt have a driver.Mom and Pop place.Nice place to work.

Currently a Mold injection press operator.I make plastic parts.

Edited by nismothunder

right now i work at c & s wholesale grociers in conn but starting a new job next month in charge of maintance at a school in springfield mass while i work on trying to become a correctional officer

Edited by bagndrag

Oh man, nice topic!!

Im a Infiniti Master Technician, ASE Master Technician. I currently work at a Infiniti dealer in Tacoma Washington. I started back in 1995 at ABC Nissan in Phoenix after attending Universal Technical Institute. I have had almost every nissan from the early to mid 90's to now, taken apart and put back toghether in some fashion. I made the move to Infiniti almost 4 years ago. I was more of a sports car guy(mustang, 300zx) until I needed something a little more utility. I do some small customizing at home and work(acessories and stuff).

Not sure if it has anything to do with Pathfinders either.... :FartExplode-vi:

I'm a tech-ed (shop) teacher for high school.

Before teaching, I was trained in Joinery (cabinetmaking) and worked in Vancouver's film industry as a carpenter, building sets.

In my spare time, I restore vintage motorscooters from the '50s and '60s. I really like making my old Lambretta (I have several) scooters go fast. Like 75-85 mph fast.

I teach woodworking, metal work & fabrication, CAD drafting and CNC machining, small engines, automotive and also electronics.

This is my first Pathfinder (and Nissan), but I must say, I'm converted! The 'finder is a brillant machine!

I work on airplanes doing sheetmetal and fabrication. This job includes allot of other aspects such as composite work with materials like carbon fiber, fiberglass, boron epoxy airamids, kevlar... oh wow, the list jut goes on and on... I haven't even scratched the surface yet. This is my primary specialty.

Secondly I am a Ceremonial Guardsman preforming militay funerals across Western Washington and North Western Oregon.

Work up in Paine Field? nice place...I've been over to SWA's hangar out there

Rocket Scientist

actually, an aerospace engineer.

you work with Boeing or Lockheed? i need to get back out to CA and I think aerospace is gonna be my only ticket besides Tesla motors...

Mechanical engineer...I've designed components on school bus chassis, worked in aerospace as a design engineer for 3 years which included running our shop so lots of sheetmetal and composite work including some carbon fiber...currently just completed the mechanical design for a full electric chassis walk in van chassis in 3 months and have been updating designs daily over the past 9 months...

Yeah B, notice I did not merge, close or otherwise alter this thread?

Links were just added material for any interested :togo:

AND its not one of those "what size tire :blah: " threads so it really aint hurtign anything.

nothing except create work for myself... :lol:

sometimes i get one day jobs from the people i know in the area like hooking up equipment, hanging big screens on mounts, and fixing computers

i did a paid internship for developing phone software one time

it is tough being a full time college student

you work with Boeing or Lockheed? i need to get back out to CA and I think aerospace is gonna be my only ticket besides Tesla motors...

Yes. And if you get a job with Tesla, let me know if you get an employee discount. I could use a good deal on a Model S.

I'm a part time Graphic Designer (used to be full time :()

Now I create Policies & procedures, as well as manage the website for an industrial, OEM, commercial & residential fan company.

I'm working toward my bachelor degree in Mechanical Engineering. I work as a factory technician at Off-Road Innovations 5 months out of the year when I'm not in school. (ORI Struts) This explains why I'm attempting to mount them to my 1999.5 pathy. It's pretty fun. I get alot of work experience that applies directly to my engineering major. Messing with the IFS on the Pathfinders kinda makes me want to get into automotive engineering so I can know what the hell I'm doing. I'm not completely clueless though. :huh:

Interesting topic!

I create building (residential and non-residential) energy models to analyze their energy usages, provide recommendations for potential energy savings and to participate in California's Savings By Design incentive programs, LEED certification as well as meet the minimum California Energy Building Standards.

Not much to do with pathfinders, but I love my pathy!

I'm a treehugger and drive a Pathy. Deal with it...

K

• 4 weeks later...