Hello NPORA

ModiFinder

First, I have to say that I have been reading up on the forum for the last few weeks and this is one of the best forums I have ever used! I spent a crazy amount of time trying to find a good group of people to learn from and this is it.

I just got a Pathfinder 97 SE in really good shape a couple of months ago and I am planing to start having lots of fun with it. If you have any thoughts on what is good to do I am all ears.

First is tires. I am between the Duelers and the Geolanders and I am broke so I don't think I can get new rims but I am definitely going to a 31'!

Cheers!

Welcome to NPORA!!

I can't really recommend any mods until I know what you plan to use the truck for... :shrug:

I have the Yokohama Geolanders AT-S on the wife's 1999.0 and so far they seem like a good all around tire, but again, are you looking for highway or mud bogging tires?

B

I got it to work. I had some trouble with the image but I have it working now.

My Pathfinder is a 97 SE with the leather and Bose package so it is really nice inside!

As you can tell there is no mods on it as of yet but I am hoping to do a few things as I get the cash.

2.jpg

4.jpg

6.jpg

8.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

22.jpg

19.jpg

Precise1,

on the subject of tires, I am want to get something that will work well on the highway but we able to deal with some basic off roading. I want to keep the original rims since I used all my money on getting the car. I will likely have more cash later but for now this is where I start.

The research so far goes as follows:

1. Yokohama: Geolanders A/T S in 31, 10.5 (which I have been told I can put on my OEM rims which should be 15/7)

2. Bridgestone: Duelers A/T S (same size as above)

3. BF Goodridge KO (in 31s as well)

The thing I keep on hearing is that the Yokos will run really nice and do better in snow (but since I am in Vancouver that is not too big a consideration). The duelers seemed to be love by people for the off road (if it is not too hairy). and the KOs are the classics and appeal to me mostly because the look awesome!

I would really appreciate any insight in this area.

:aok:

Precise1,

on the subject of tires, I am want to get something that will work well on the highway but we able to deal with some basic off roading. I want to keep the original rims since I used all my money on getting the car. I will likely have more cash later but for now this is where I start.

The research so far goes as follows:

1. Yokohama: Geolanders A/T S in 31, 10.5 (which I have been told I can put on my OEM rims which should be 15/7)

2. Bridgestone: Duelers A/T S (same size as above)

3. BF Goodridge KO (in 31s as well)

The thing I keep on hearing is that the Yokos will run really nice and do better in snow (but since I am in Vancouver that is not too big a consideration). The duelers seemed to be love by people for the off road (if it is not too hairy). and the KOs are the classics and appeal to me mostly because the look awesome!

I would really appreciate any insight in this area.

Your information is accurate AFAIK. No snow here but the Geolanders ride really nice and are a little softer compound so I could see decent snow handling. Several people have run the Duelers and yes, they work well off road with good road manners. The BFG AT KO are probably the best off road in dry conditions but clog up in the muck. Again, you have to ask someone else about snow handling.

Yes, you can use your rims for 31x10.5" tires. They are decent rims to me and some day you might keep these for the road/winter and another set for off road.

Nice clean truck!! I'm jealous!! External tire carrier and a stick shift...

B

Thanks Precise1!

That helps a lot. I did get quite lucky with this truck it had 142,000 km and it had been treated really well. The previous owner took very good care of it which is nice.

Nunya,

I swear the knife was only to cut the new floor mats!

I did not hurt any one! :blush:

Hey Pezzy,

It is cool to be here. I am getting more excited about the pathfinder. More than I can afford really! :jig:

And I cannot believe how attentive to details you guys are! The knife! Everyone has seen it. haha