New guy in the Qx4

WOT

Heard about this board and it seems to have good knowledgeable people and alot of traffic. I may not drive a "pathfinder" but its all the same under the skin right lol

My ride is an 01 Inifiniti Qx4. Has quite a few mods but mostely bolt on as far as suspension and performance. A few pretty things like suede headliner and door pillars. A few unique things about it are that I have converted it to a dual alternator setup, 3 large batteries in the back of the car. Side exhaust that Ive tried a few different applications with.

Heres a few pics with my winter tire/rim setup

p1010112n.jpg

p1010123q.jpg

p1010113m.jpg

p1010117j.jpg

p1010018y.jpg

ALOT of work in progress. And Im sure I'll be a part of some good future discussion and hopefully help some people out and learn alot myself.

Edited by WOT

Welcome to a fellow canuck. We call the QX4 a Pathy in a Tux. :D

Looks like you use your path...er QX4 a bit different than the rest of us do... You've done a nice job making it look different without going bling.

paint the bumper covers up nice and glossy to really give it a nice flow (in my opinion at least). You might peak a little interest with your dual alty setup, and I definatly dont have a problem with side exit exhaust.

WELCOME!!! (the whole cant hear thing :lol: )

I know its different from what the majority on this forum go, I am more interested in the performance chat and general engine and chassis mods. I followed a link here for the Missing Link bar that seems to be a big rave.

I ended up making my own lol. Works amazing for $5

lol and Im not deaf, the 2 18's arent the bad part. Its the 12 6.5" speakers and various tweets and supertweets that really scream.

Im at work so I dont have any pics, but the dual alt setup is just a custom bracket to hold it above the ac compressor, its a mustang 270amp alt, I only went with the mustang because it has a very easy bolt pattern to make a bracket for. I made my own 3" CAI and ditched the factory huge air box and made a ton of room on the drivers side

Ive been getting some hassle about the taillights lately, there completely black in the day with no lights on, but if I turn the lights on you can see me no prob

Wish they made a tasteful set of asketmarkets for my car

• 2 weeks later...

A side exit exhaust.....really?

Is that a like or a dislike?? But yes its a side exit, sounds amazing. 2" from each bank to a flowmaster 40 flowthru, single 3" outlet to a crazy bend I had to make to clear the rear LCA under suspension movement. Into that 2" high 5' wide tip

I think it turned out OK, I was just bored

I live in the GTA in Canada, seems like a few people from this board might be close

Im working on ALOT of projects for this winter, I made my own missing link bar just because I can, new WJ lowerring springs, stainless brake lines, just re0did the sub box and making new fiberglass door pods, and probably some fiberglass engine covers for this ugly ass engine bay to

Edited by WOT