Hello from Ukraine.

danyur

Hi by all,

My name Jurij, I like upgrade my Pathy 97, with VG33E., M.T.

Now, I go to upgrade it to VQ35DE engine.

I have this engine separately, but can not find bellhousing, to connect VQ35DE to my manual transmission.

I hope with the help of this perfect website, to solve this problem.

1.jpg

IMG_36871.jpg

Edited by danyur

Welcome Jurij!!

I did not know that you could use the VG33 transmission with the VQ35 motor, even if you changed the bell housing. Are you just looking for a place to get the bell housing or asking how to mate the different engine and transmission?

B

Welcome Jurij!!

I did not know that you could use the VG33 transmission with the VQ35 motor, even if you changed the bell housing. Are you just looking for a place to get the bell housing or asking how to mate the different engine and transmission?

B

I think, this really possible.

with VQ35 and VG33 engines is applied identical type of manual transmission: FS5R30A model.

Distinctions in connection bellhousing to cylinders block.

If I will have, bellhousing for VQ35, I shall be capable to carry out my idea.

Now I need help (I am ready to pay), to search used bellhousing from M.T. in USA and Canada.

Thanks,

Jurij

I would say keep the VG33E. There are just so many things that were changed and updated, including the ECU.

Yes, I know it :)

I have completely assembled VQ35 with electrical wires, ECU and immobiliser system.

I established my VQ35 on a metal support, separately from the vehicle, connect to it fuel-pump, and it works:)

IMG_36731.jpg

Edited by danyur

And although the VQ35 produces more power, it's far inferior to the VG33 in terms of reliability.

Can be, you are right:)

However mine VG33 already has come to 275000 miles...,

My VQ35 only 5000 miles., (the donor, is crash Pathy 2002)

This is one, of my reasons to change engines.

Yeah if you find one in the US or Canada and they company will not ship it to you, let us know and we should be able to pick it up and ship it off to you. I know how hard it is to get parts some times. Many companies in the US will not ship to Canada even though we are right next to them.

Maybe you should start a thread in the Members Rides section to post any info on your progress when you do.

Good luck!