Replacing PCV Valve on 1994 Pathfinder

MrJim

I replaced my PCV valve today and I actually had a tough time locating it. After realizing there was no good information on Google about it, I decided to make a video of it myself. Thanks to my buddy "Donnie Hill" in Georgia who helped me locate the valve. Apparently, it is the same engine as the 300z that he owned, so he was very helpful.

[/i]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SjXB6SSmoFo

• Like 1

NIce video, good steady hands with the camera.

Sounded like you kept saying PVC instead of PCV.

PVC- Poly-Vynl-Cloride.

PCV- Positive Crankcase Ventalation.

Now I know where mine is and how easy it is. Thanks Jim!

NIce video, good steady hands with the camera.

Sounded like you kept saying PVC instead of PCV.

PVC- Poly-Vynl-Cloride.

PCV- Positive Crankcase Ventalation.

Now I know where mine is and how easy it is. Thanks Jim!

Yeah, I typed that into the video title and credit screens too. I caught it afterwards and am uploading a corrected version right now. smile.gif The audio part is just gonna have to stay in it. Hopefully, no one will be too confused by it.

Its fixed now!

Cool thanks for the video. I was going to add a pcv valve to my upcoming rock auto order, but I can't find one in there. Odd.

edit: found it eventually under emission. I was just blind before.

Edited by sewebster

Cool thanks for the video. I was going to add a pcv valve to my upcoming rock auto order, but I can't find one in there. Odd.

edit: found it eventually under emission. I was just blind before.

Thanks, I am glad it was helpful for you. I am planning on doing one from videos clips I took on the upper ball joints, and another on doing oil filter relocation when I get it done. That might be later today if I have time. Its cold and wet out there though. No garage...

Thanks, I am glad it was helpful for you. I am planning on doing one from videos clips I took on the upper ball joints, and another on doing oil filter relocation when I get it done. That might be later today if I have time. Its cold and wet out there though. No garage...

Well, those two videos sound pretty great to me. I was wondering about doing my ball joints, and I hate how the filter spews oil down and through my starter motor every time... I hear you on the garage problem though. My truck is sitting in a friend's garage right now, but usually my repairs have to be done in the back lane, in the weather.

Well, those two videos sound pretty great to me. I was wondering about doing my ball joints, and I hate how the filter spews oil down and through my starter motor every time... I hear you on the garage problem though. My truck is sitting in a friend's garage right now, but usually my repairs have to be done in the back lane, in the weather.

I did the other ball joints in a parallel parking space on the city street near my apt in the rain. :) It was awesome (to be done)

hey thanks for posting this vid, tried doing this once before and couldn't find it, just finished replacing mine, and man it was gnarly looking. thanks again and keep the great video's coming!biggrin.gif

hey thanks for posting this vid, tried doing this once before and couldn't find it, just finished replacing mine, and man it was gnarly looking. thanks again and keep the great video's coming!biggrin.gif

I am glad it was helpful to you. Thanks for the positive feedback.

• 7 months later...
  • 11 months later...

I to missed out on the pcv video.Is it possible to get this updated? Was it easy to remove? It looks like its in a tricky spot behind engine. Am I wrong,please tell me I'm wrong.thanks,jack azzo.Muscatine IOWA.

• 1 year later...