LED's for the rear indicator lights...

fusion

Anyone know of a good set of red LED's for the rear turn signal indicators? I ordered a set of Pyle's (Pyle Red LED 1156) from Amazon that did not fit through the mounting hole in the housing. I do have aftermarket clear housings though. On a separate note, the Pyles are shoddy. They are glued together and come apart very easily. Buyer beware. I think I am going to try the Streetglows (Streetglow Red LED 1156) next, hopefully they fit. I have these housings: Pathfinder Clear Taillights

Does your truck use 1156 or 3156 lamps for the turn signals?

I would recommend getting some LED lamps from either autolumination.com or superbrightleds.com. I installed a pair of 3157 tail/brake lamps (I can't remember which ones I got) and they work well. Note that you will need a load-equalizing replacement flasher (for turn signals) to prevent fast-blinking of the turn signals or a 25 watt load equalizer (about 1/2-way down the page) for each tail light to avoid a peculiar behavior in which the cruise control will self-cancel when you use the turn signals while the tail lamps are lit. This happened to me, and it's a common side-effect if you install LED taillamps because the electrical system is detecting that a tail lamp is burned out.

I would recommend you use amber LEDs for the turn signals.

Edited by XPLORx4

Thanks for the advice on the equalizers. I have LED's in the running/brake lights and they work fine but I will keep you updated on the blinkers.

Depending on the Led's you get you may not need the equalizers.(some LED arrays draw over 6watts) If your blink rate is not too fast for your liking I would 4get about them.

Depending on the Led's you get you may not need the equalizers.(some LED arrays draw over 6watts) If your blink rate is not too fast for your liking I would 4get about them.

Yeah, I think I will try them without first but then if there is an issue, now I know how to resolve it.

• 2 weeks later...

for pathblazin420.... sorry for the crappy cell phone quality, if you want some better ones, let me know....

As you can see, I want LED indicators to get rid of the egg-yolk look. The back up lights have PIAA xtreme white bulbs, hence the blue tint, which, while totally ricey, looks kinda cool I think. I also have PIAA xtreme white bulbs in the license plate lights.

I really really really wish someone made clear reflectors to replace the red ones... although I am thinking I will just overlay carbon fiber on them...

IMG00003-20101029-1421.jpg

You could always tint the reflectors, or rather smoke them like I did to both the reflectors and tails. Its dark enough to where a trained eye can see they are tinted, but not enough to warrant being pulled over for. I like it this light cause the reverse lights still work, there is still some reflection in the tails and the signal light is still orange as opposed to the kinda weird color a really dark tinted tail gives off.

MemoryCardPics1stbatch144.jpg

You can buy an electronic flasher that will solve the fast flashing you get after swapping bulbls. it's a lot easier than having to put a load equalizer on each line.

http://canadiancruisercustomizing.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=7&products_id=6

Edited by nige

the nice thing about anolog flashers is they let you know when you have a blub out. But then again I guess that won't happen so often if you have LED's

Edited by MY1PATH