Traitor.....

ILoveMyPatty

Well, I still own my '90 and '94 SE's, but I just ordered a new ride... Now that I've transferred to a different ambulance station where I can actually make some money, I've decided to get a new truck. 2011 TRD Tacoma Double Cab, 6spd manual.

Hopefully I'll have time to work on the '94 and get it trail ready for having fun in, and loving :)

Will probably have pics when it arrives in early November...

I gotta say that is a nice ride. I had to borrow one in and emergeny situation not too long ago. It was an emergency so I don't remember all the details but I think it was the 2010 tacoma with a 6spd auto. never driven an auto with more than 4 spds. The whole rig left a very good impression on me considering the short time I spent in it.

Well congratulations on the new truck.

Even if it mean's the moment you drive it off the lot is begins depreciating instantly and you're stuck paying ridiculous payments for the next 4-5 years for an overpriced hunk of metal that will need to constantly be brought back to the dealership for Flash updates. Not too mention the check engine light likes to come on for just about everything from forgetting to tighten your gas cap to complete and total engine failure with the inability to see or understand what a large majority of the codes are unless you bring it to a Authorized Toyota Dealership to plug into their diagnostics. I'd personally never buy any vehicle new since the depreciation is so nasty. If I wanted new I'd personally go with newer. like 2 years old and save about a 3rd my money. Although I refuse to buy new since every vehicle build in the last 10 years is so heavily reliant on computers to run everything and anything that its more of a pain in the ass to fix then anything else.

Now that I've completely ruined your moment and made myself probably look like an ass to you, I'd also like to say that I've always liked the Tocoma's and if I wasn't always worried about where every cent is going, I'd love to splurge for one as well.

Enjoy the new truck.

As long as you keep the Pathy(s) I see no foul here; you are simply expanding the stables...

Traitor is when you dump your Pathfinder rather than work on it and buy a poser Xterra or something. ;)

B

As long as you keep the Pathy(s) I see no foul here; you are simply expanding the stables...

Traitor is when you dump your Pathfinder rather than work on it and buy a poser Xterra or something. ;)

B

:rofl:

Yeah as long as you still have a pathy you can still be part of the group and don't have to give up your secret pathy decoder ring!

:(

I didnt get my secret decoder ring.

B

and I'm the one with spellign issues... it's trailer

Well it isn't all that its cracked up to be.

hello-kitty-pave-ring.jpg

It seemed like a great idea after the 10th beer...... :blink:

I thought I was secial and got the only one with the pink bow...

Well, I still own my '90 and '94 SE's, but I just ordered a new ride... Now that I've transferred to a different ambulance station where I can actually make some money, I've decided to get a new truck. 2011 TRD Tacoma Double Cab, 6spd manual.

Hopefully I'll have time to work on the '94 and get it trail ready for having fun in, and loving :)

Nice...I like my 2007 taco that I got used...only thing is 1st gear is way short and in the rain she likes to slide around a good bit..I only got the SR5 package but it'll get up and go

Well congratulations on the new truck. Even if it mean's the moment you drive it off the lot is begins depreciating instantly and you're stuck paying ridiculous payments for the next 4-5 years for an overpriced hunk of metal that will need to constantly be brought back to the dealership for Flash updates. Not too mention the check engine light likes to come on for just about everything from forgetting to tighten your gas cap to complete and total engine failure with the inability to see or understand what a large majority of the codes are unless you bring it to a Authorized Toyota Dealership to plug into their diagnostics. I'd personally never buy any vehicle new since the depreciation is so nasty. If I wanted new I'd personally go with newer. like 2 years old and save about a 3rd my money. Although I refuse to buy new since every vehicle build in the last 10 years is so heavily reliant on computers to run everything and anything that its more of a pain in the ass to fix then anything else.Now that I've completely ruined your moment and made myself probably look like an ass to you, I'd also like to say that I've always liked the Tocoma's and if I wasn't always worried about where every cent is going, I'd love to splurge for one as well.Enjoy the new truck.

I'm buying new because I'm tired of used vehicles- I always get lemons. I'd much rather have a vehicle that didn't have a previous owner so I don't have to worry about how it may have been beat heavily offroad, or revved like crazy, or ran 10k miles over an oil change etc. I figure I'll have it for a long time, and the doublecab will be great for a family. Tacomas actually hold their value quite well. Obviously you wont get the whole value out of it, but imo, they hold their value much better than Fords etc. Tacomas are also the cheapest option out there right now, for new trucks... where I live, at least...

.I only got the SR5 package but it'll get up and go

Hey now, when my runner was new all there was was sr5 or base...

I can understand the likin being the first and only one to own it... kinda. I am used to un-hacking someone elses attempts to run jumper wires from one headlight to another instead of fixing the headlights switch (yea...) though and in a sick way kinda like it. Plus I hate payments and my luck wold end up with the one that while being assembled, the robots got lazy...

Nice choice of trucks. They're beautiful vehicles.

B

I wonder if B was referencing me with this statement?

Traitor I may be, but poser not so much. When you have taken your truck off pavement, even once, you can try to talk crap. My "poser" truck has seen more trail time in 6 months of my ownership, than both your Pathfinders in all the time you've owned them. :tongue:

Edited by Simon

Nice choice of trucks. They're beautiful vehicles.

I wonder if B was referencing me with this statement?

Traitor I may be, but poser not so much. When you have taken your truck off pavement, even once, you can try to talk crap. My "poser" truck has seen more trail time in 6 months of my ownership, than both your Pathfinders in all the time you've owned them.

I'm pretty sure that comment was just in jest Simon. Everyone here knows how much you go on the trails. And your X is definitely not built like a poser truck - it would have more chrome if it was (that was a joke too for everyone's info).

Congrats on the taco ILMP, they are cool trucks.

I'm pretty sure that comment was just in jest Simon. Everyone here knows how much you go on the trails. And your X is definitely not built like a poser truck - it would have more chrome if it was (that was a joke too for everyone's info).

Congrats on the taco ILMP, they are cool trucks.

Dammit man, both my Pathy's had chrome!!! What are you trying to say? :lol:

I know it was in jest, just need to knock B down a peg or two every now and then. I can't let him take a shots at me, without firing back. It's all in good fun. :aok:

edit: I realize I forgot to put in a smiley to show my sarcasm/joking. I'll add it to avoid further confusion.

Edited by Simon

Dammit man, both my Pathy's had chrome!!! What are you trying to say? :lol:

I know it was in jest, just need to knock B down a peg or two every now and then. I can't let him take a shots at me, without firing back. It's all in good fun. :aok:

Haha, I wasn't sure - shoulda guessed it wasn't serious - no one on this forum ever is, lol.

Any who - don't want to thread jack... lol

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ehem...

Of course I was needling Simon, it is a cornerstone!! :tongue:

Sad fact is that the igloo dweller just has to go to the corner store for milk and it is considered wheeling...

(lucky bastage)

B

Yeah as long as you still have a pathy you can still be part of the group and don't have to give up your secret pathy decoder ring!

I have to admit that those Taco's are pretty nice. You will have to post some pics of it when you get it ;)

I didn't get a decoder ring either! Can I get a red ribbon to match my pathy?

I'm buying new because I'm tired of used vehicles- I always get lemons. I'd much rather have a vehicle that didn't have a previous owner so I don't have to worry about how it may have been beat heavily offroad, or revved like crazy, or ran 10k miles over an oil change etc. I figure I'll have it for a long time, and the doublecab will be great for a family. Tacomas actually hold their value quite well. Obviously you wont get the whole value out of it, but imo, they hold their value much better than Fords etc. Tacomas are also the cheapest option out there right now, for new trucks... where I live, at least...

I hear you on the used vehicles, but here is my experiences. When I was young I could only afford used vehicles. After buying one I would go over it with a fine toothed comb and fix all the little things I would find wrong, then just drive it and enjoy. (except for the ford) My first new vehicle was a 04 Titan that had one problem after another constantly having to take off work to take it to the dealer where they couldn't fix it. I kept it for 17k and a year and a half and traded it on my 06 titan. This one was better but still lots of trips to the dealer. Now I bought this old pathy, same as before fix all the little problems from PO neglect and just drive it and enjoy.

I don't think I will ever buy a new vehicle again. I like to be in control of the repairs because I don't trust anyone else working on my vehicles. There is nothing more aggravating than knowing what is wrong with your truck, take it to the dealer for repair, and when you pick it up they tell you "We didn't find anything wrong with it". How I didn't choke the life out of that idiot I just don't know.

Anyway, just my opinion. Enjoy the new taco.

James

On that note, one more quick comment. Remember that all feces travels downhill. The same system applies at the dealership. The only time you can expect a top mechanic to be working on your rig is if it's a job that pays. Stuff that the mechanic can blow thru in 30 minutes even though the job pays an hour. The dealership I worked at, Their magic man used to take work orders from his bin, look them over and say, I don't want this crap, or this or this. You can give those away to someone else. But then you wouldn't see him hurting for work after that cause the service manager wouldn't want to piss him off enough that he would be looking for work elsewhere. Sooooo all those crappy jobs would go to other licensed mechanics who would also bitch and complain about something and it would get handed off to an apprentice who may or may not know what the hell they are doing.

Just mentioning this cause I can't tell you how many times they gave me work I was DEFINITELY not qualified to handle. I spent more time annoying the licensed guys asking them what the hell I should be doing with this diagnostics ghost issue then actually working on the vehicle. Which also I might add ends up having the customer having to come back for repeated visits to track down problems that were thought to be repaired. At any rate. They still are nice trucks and I'd love to have one if I had the excess cash to throw around after throwing all the other excess cash I need to buy everything else I need/want first. <---- Rambling.

Edited by Dowser

Dowser... way to rain on my parade bro! Sheeeeeeesh!

I'm still getting it... and I'll be getting a super warranty.. also, one of our loyal clients at our fishing resort is the new vehicle sales manager at the dealership I'm buying from. So, hopefully I'll get treated better. If not, oh well.

Pathy's were new from dealerships at one point.

Good point!! Take damn good care of that truck, work through all the bugs and I'll buy it from you in 10 years for $2500... :lol:

JK!! Sorry, couldn't help it... :D

B

I'm not saying don't buy the truck, I'm saying I have the worst luck. You may never have a problem, and I think toyota is a little better on their warranty work. I have a 100K 7 year warranty on my Titan and I finally fixed the problem by fixing it myself. Like B said once you work out the bugs if you have any you should be good.

James