off road lights for my roof

haascncvf2

i am wanting to purchase a few (4?) off road lights to mount to a custom CNC'd block of aluminum i made at work.

i want really bright lights.

dont really care about size;

but i dont exactly want to spend $600 per light (i have seen at (offroadunlimited.com)

so i am here posting to hear feed back and see some pics.

thanks in advance

Roy

Hella Rallye 3000's are decent. I've mounted them on cars, trucks, atv's and golf carts.

And they are just a little over $100 a piece.

Edited by XSrcing

I just mounted a set of these http://www.4wheelparts.com/prodDetail.aspx?partno=K%2fC736 on my 93, but have yet to get them wired in. I have a pair of these http://www.piaa.com/Lamps/Lamp-pages/80proxt.html on my 88, and they are bright as day, but also about $350 for a pair in a kit with relays and a switch (I got them in trade, I wouldn't pay that, lol).

Edit to add pic:

CoalCreek2009049.jpg

Edited by GrimGreg

I had four Pro Comp 100w spots on mine for a while. They were plenty bright enough and fairly inexpensive, too. I'd repaint the housings before mounting them, though. They seem to rust up a bit within a year or two and I wouldn't go for the chrome ones for the same reason.

The 55w spots on the front of mine are Pro Comp and have held up for years after I repainted them.

Edited by jj big shoe

Hella 500's are always a safe bet and plenty bright, but if you want a real spot light go for the pencil beams. They cost a bit more but are really worth it. They also have the 1000ff which are even more of a step up. I personally have 500ff on the front of mine and they are really bright, but I also plan on mounting some on the roof once I get my rack installed. I plan on doing 2 Hella pencil beams and 2 Hella 1000ff on the roof.

Quick tip... Mine glare thorugh my sunroof a little the way they're aimed, a small strip of electrical tape across the bottom of the lense and glare gone :aok: (or put the cover on, but not everyone with a sunroof has that option available to them).

Quick tip... Mine glare thorugh my sunroof a little the way they're aimed, a small strip of electrical tape across the bottom of the lense and glare gone :aok: (or put the cover on, but not everyone with a sunroof has that option available to them).

i blacked out my sunroof (due to all my glass being limo tinted out; my entire windshield has 35%) no more of the sunroof acting as a magnifying glass roasting me from the top; also no worries on any glare comin through there ;-)

We usually just duct tape them to the roof, then down along the door jamb... :shrug:

Seriously though, there are a few approaches, most of which are listed in existing threads about mounting roof racks/baskets and... lights. ;)

B

I would like to put lights on top as well but have never had a good idea on how to run the wires in side so it doesn't look like crap.

I just bored through the roof into the inside light cavity, and fitted a grommet with plenty of sealer. Seems to work fine with no leaks :)

This is my setup.

[

img]DSC_0005.jpg[/img]

The roof rack was custom-made my my friend and I, and the lights are procomps that I got from 4wheel parts ( I think that they were like $40 each). I also had them installed at 4wheel parts, I don't remember the price though. Hope this helps.