Intake Air Temp sensor and code

01silvapathy

okay so I took out my intake resonator to cut it and make the mods to the box. I disconnected a wire thinking nothing of it at the time. When I reinstalled, the service engine soon light was on. It runs and drives fine, but the light bothers me. I tried disconnecting the battery negative cable for a few minutes but that didnt help at all. The autozone guy who read the codes said it was the intake air temp sensor that was going wrong. So are their any ideas as how to fix it? I mean I have a 4hr drive back to school tomorrow and dont want to risk anything with it. What exactly does this sensor control and can it hurt anything? Any help is much appreciated.

well everything was back in place on my trip back. It ran fine the whole way, at 75mph ac on set at 70 for 4 hrs without stopping. I tried disconnecting the battery negative for an hour and the light was still on. Disconnected the battery completely and am going to leave it like that til tomorrow afternoon and see if its still on. If that does not work im going to go to autozone and try bribing the person with the scanner to clear the codes :chairfall:

Edited by 01silvapathy

for one the battery needs to be disconnected for 12 hours minimum to make a difference.

2, the IAC isn't going to hurt anything. but check its connections. its the sensor in the front of the box in the fender. mine dangled for a few months before i found out about it. never once got a code for it, so it must be disconnected or something got messed up in the wiring.

Yeah, I left the battery completely disconnected overnight and when I reconnected everything again the light was gone :itsallgood: Now that I know how to clear the code im going to try and take out the sensor from the intake resonator and mount it close to the intake in the engine bay where it wont get wet. It will get a more accurate reading there since the pop charger does not really get air from the resonator like the stock box did. I also hope to build a simple plate to cover the hole where the intake feeder tube used to come up from the wheel well and feed into the stock air box. I dont want water splashing up and into my pop charger filter when going wheeling or anything. So id just be able to take the plate on and off when needed with some wing nuts or something.

clean the sensor with some alcohol. thats it

I stuck my aftermarkey filter/cone thing right over that hole so that gets some cooler air from there also instead of all the warm air. So does that hole just drop down to inside the fender? Im thinking if i should cover it up also

Edited by pathblazin420