Power Antenna Troubleshooting

CO94LEV6

I installed a new nissan factory power antenna on my 94 LE and it doesn't raise and lower. When I first installed it I had the plug attached but didn't have the antenna cable attached to the stereo yet. When I turned the pathfinder on and off the antenna went up and down like it should. I went about doing some other work under the hood and eventually got the wire routed under the dash to hook up to the stereo. Now it doesn't work at all. I also had the windshield replaced a while ago and noticed they did not install the new windshield with the antenna on the glass. I do have the connector under the passenger A pillar, but there is not a wire on the windshied to attach to.

Is there a relay that controls the antenna motor? Where does the trigger wire (blue) from the stereo go that then supplies two wires to the antenna motor? What fuse circuit could be effecting this?

Fuses all checked out. Looks like there is a power antenna timer but I can't find it. Anyone know where this is? Looks like from the diagram on page EL-82 it is connector number 318M. If you are looking at the diagram it is on the very top of the page if you are looking vertically, or on the right if you look at it horizontally.

Edited by CO94LEV6

You access it from under the front fender. Just remove the plastic fender liner held in with a few screws.

The hard part was fishing the wire into the dash. Then I figured out how to take it apart. Remove the glovebox. The two plastic stops that prevent the glovebox from flopping all the way open just push in. Now you have access to remove all the screws to the glovebox.

You will also want to remove the plastic panel on the exterior sidewall down by the passengers feet and remove the dash panel to the right of the glovebox. It didnt seem that this piece came off easily at first, then I discovered just a couple fasteners holding it in. By removing this it makes it possible to connect the new antenna wire to the antenna wire that runs to the stereo.

Edited by CO94LEV6