WHO WANTS THE "MISSING LINK"?

pathblazin420

Ok so heres what ive said to most of the guys that are interested in one and I thought I would post it incase anyone else is interested.

I will have a quote once I make one for my r50 next week so I can see who much all the steel runs me. Im gonna test it out and make sure everything is perfect before I start making them for you guys. So within the next couple weeks I will be making them for the all forum guys.

My plan is to use 1/4 square tubing and 1/4 tabs since i know most of you guys off road and need something heavy duty. Everything will also be TIG welded, which is a much cleaner and stronger weld.

Im also going to look into the cutting out some holes in the middle incase of an accident for the motor to break through (talked about in the other thread). I want to find a way to do it without jepordizing the links strength.

If you want to find out the shipping costs my zipcode is 90732 (San Pedro, CA)

HELP! Anyone who has bought one of these links from Jackson Motorsports or whatever its called could you please PM me because I need the specs!!!

Nothing personal, but how about working on something that people want that hasn't been done yet? Jackson Autosport sells these things for about $50CDN shipped which is a pretty fair price. You're stepping on the toes of one of the few companies that decided to actually try to make aftermarket parts for the R50.

I am working on other things. I am not stepping on anyone toes. Its called competition. I know there is demand for this stuff so then why wouldn't I sell what people want?

I am in the works of designing an adjustable heavy duty 4 link for the r50, which can be used with up to an 8 inch lift. Muddfildvaynes most likely be the first one to try it out on a SFD + Suspension lift.

Also going to be making a bolt on skid plate for the front which can either be bolter to the "missing link" or welded on. Possibly going to make a mid skid and gas tank skid also if there is enough demand for them.

If anyone has any ideas of what i could build throw them my way! Post anything that you wish they made for r50s and I will consider it if there is enough demand.

Edited by pathblazin420

The fact that you asking for the "specs" on the Jackson Autosport brace is the problem. You are copying what they made and trying to undersell them. Design your own and see how it fares. Honestly if you are somehow going to make these for less then $40 CAD, then you are skimping on something. That is a very fair, competitive price to begin with.

Edited by shift220

Yeah....definitely not cool no matter how you spin it.

The only way that I can see this as being beneficial is if you are building a souped up product that they are not willing to provide (i.e. offroad ready) and sell it at a price higher than what theirs is. You would also need to have a written statement from them verifying approval as to avoid a LAWSUIT....

Engine bay braces are easy as well, and you don't have to steal ideas with that, cause its a common practice. You could have someone bulk CnC cut rings out for the bolting to the struts, and do the rest of the fab yourself.

It is already really hard to find companies willing to come up with and develop R50 parts. If someone comes by copies their product and under sells them right away, they likely won't bother to make anything else.

If they were selling it for say $250, then I could see a reason for wanting to make it cheaper. But damn, its $40 and they are willing to ship it internationally. Hell I have problems trying to get many US companies to ship outside the US.

Like the others have suggested. Come up with some new products. We need people to develop NEW parts for our trucks. Simply copying an already good/inexpensive part won't go very far.

It is already really hard to find companies willing to come up with and develop R50 parts. If someone comes by copies their product and under sells them right away, they likely won't bother to make anything else.

If they were selling it for say $250, then I could see a reason for wanting to make it cheaper. But damn, its $40 and they are willing to ship it internationally. Hell I have problems trying to get many US companies to ship outside the US.

Like the others have suggested. Come up with some new products. We need people to develop NEW parts for our trucks. Simply copying an already good/inexpensive part won't go very far.

VERY well put...simply AGREED!!!!

Tye

I second all of the settiments here. Especially since not only is Jackson providing a r50 part, but was also nice enough to get on the forum and offer a suggestion to someone trying to fabricate their own. That said, if you were to create a ice set of skids out of thick plate with reinforcement ribs and counter sunk bolts if the fastened areas are prone to skidding. THAT I would be interested in.

I second all of the settiments here. Especially since not only is Jackson providing a r50 part, but was also nice enough to get on the forum and offer a suggestion to someone trying to fabricate their own. That said, if you were to create a ice set of skids out of thick plate with reinforcement ribs and counter sunk bolts if the fastened areas are prone to skidding. THAT I would be interested in.

mmmmm.. I think this already exists... at least the front one.... :D:scratchhead:http://www.nissanpathfinders.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=22475

I hear what you all are saying, and I bought the Jackson one for the reason of universal fit as the rep for Jackson implied in his post. However I do commend the efforts of folks making their own stuff.

I think that "pathblazin" should make a multipoint link that ties in from the OEM trans support to the "missing link" points and maybe even up to the front of the subframe where front skids bolt up. You could call this a ladder support or something, then offer to have it pre drilled for skids to bolt onto....lets accept/support his enthusiasm and ability and better our line of trucks.

~~~~Maybe you could give it the "pi" sign for a name and only hook it to the jackson area and the trans support area, lol that would be cool!~~~

Honestly, the more people producing products for r50s the better. I see different people taking stabs at building the same types of skid plates, SFDs and bumpers, I don't see this as any different.

im in this to make money and help in the development of parts for our vehicles. so when i see an oppurtunity to make money i jump on it.

not skimpin on anything guys. gonna be much stronger design then theres. i dont believe theres is 1/4 inch or TIG welded with gusseted tabs. So my design is going to be different. I only wanted the specs just so i could get the idea of what there is all about.

and about the lawsuit @!*%.... thats just redicolous. first of all they would never go through the trouble of hiring lawyers and all that just over sum @!*% like this. If you guys are familiar with the aftermarket world then u will know what there is many companies that make the exact same product. Some are good quality and others are plain junk!

"02silvapathy" - i had a very similar idea to that when i had mine up on the lift last nite. im going to look into it somemore

so no one is interested in the adjustable 4 link besides muddfyledvaynes?

on the side note....my pathy just took a @!*%. i was drivin home and boom its just sputtered and shut off. wont start back up. had to get towed 3 blocks home. believe it might be the fuel pump because i couldnt hear a thing when i put my ear up to the tank. do the r50s have any history with fuel pumps goin out?

i will once i get all the of the details.

heres a link that muddfiledvaynes sent me so u can get an idea

http://www.nissanpathfinders.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=22652&hl=max_stryker

tmorgan was the one that was gna make these at first but im not sure what happened to that

Edited by pathblazin420

an adjustable 4-link would be really sweet. Keep the final cost for parts required for a total install under or around $2000 (including extended drive shaft, brake lines, shocks and struts and everything else) and I'd be interested too.