Turning radius, LE versus XE?

MudSlug

I searched and did not find this question, so here is goes....

I have had a '95 XE for a few years. The transmission just died, and I managed to find a really good deal on a very clean '95 LE to replace it. But although the two PFs are the same year, the turning radius is far, far larger on the LE than my old XE. Why is that? Is there some simple solution to this?

One thing that raised my suspicion is that the LE has a selectable suspension feature, with a switch to select 'Comfort' and 'Sport' modes. The 'Sport' mode tightens up the handling and stiffens the suspension noticeably. Do PFs with this option have a much more limited max steering angle?

Any insight on this would be appreciated, because this LE has the turning circle of a Winnebago.

yep all models of the wd21 got the same steering and front suspension setup.

steering stops may vary. and some mechanics think they know whats good for you; Firestone used to dial out my stops every time I got alignment It drove me nuts but they've done much worse to me....

I swear I read in a thread somewhere that the SE and XE trucks were different in the steering ratio. something like 3.0 turns for the SE, and 3.2 for the XE, something to do with the different tire sizing options.

:shrug:

If there is any difference then it would be between the different years, and the only difference would be because they used different steering boxes (WD-21s). That wouldn't effect turn radius though. That was completely and totally the steering stops as stated.