Shocking Shocks

Tungsten

these are what i'm buying..

RS99036..

Yes, those are the "cell" style twin-tubes.

My favorite website :tongue: says:

Foam Cell Shocks:

Foam cell shocks are nearly identical in design to twin-tubes. The key difference is that the gas is trapped inside of tiny little capsules rather than free-floating. By separating the gas charge from the oil, the risk of foaming is nearly eliminated while still providing the comfortable ride quality of a twin-tube shock. However, foam cell shocks are vulnerable to overheating. If the oil in these shocks gets too hot, the foam cells can erupt. After that, no matter how long they cool down, they'll never regain the same level of performance.

what do you mean by compressor based? the my ride system uses a compressor too.

curious.... as i have a compressor on board.

I did not know that, I thought it had a little wireless device installed on each shock. Ok the old analog guage type, cost less than the wireless MyRide system.

I want the old analong type.

Foam Cell Shocks:

FOAM cells are awesome but I have not seen any that fit pathy's in the USA

where do you find this information on how the new shocks are constructed?

I can't find anything that says they are a cell type..

i don't care, cause like i said.. If your not desert racing.. they will be fine.

just want to know where you get your information?

where do you find this information on how the new shocks are constructed?

I can't find anything that says they are a cell type..

i don't care, cause like i said.. If your not desert racing.. they will be fine.

just want to know where you get your information?

:googleit:

http://jogjaautomotive.blogspot.com/2008/07/rancho-ran-rs99036-shock-rs9000x-9.html

Rancho RAN-RS99036: Shock, RS9000X, 9-Position Adjustable Knob, Cellular Gas Design, Red Boot

Edited by Tungsten

I got the Rancho 9000's for the cool sticker.

Are you talking about Rancho's in-cab adjustable system? It uses a small air compressor and hoses to each shock. You can adjust fronts and rears together but not each individually. The air hose mounts where the adjusting knob would be and the air pressure pushes on the ball valve(?) to change the shock settings instead of the knob and spring.

Plus the guages will fit (with a little massaging) right where the ashtray goes.

shockguages.jpg

Edited by jj big shoe

I got the Rancho 9000's for the cool sticker.

Are you talking about Rancho's in-cab adjustable system? It uses a small air compressor and hoses to each shock. You can adjust fronts and rears together but not each individually. The air hose mounts where the adjusting knob would be and the air pressure pushes on the ball valve(?) to change the shock settings instead of the knob and spring.

Plus the guages will fit (with a little massaging) right where the ashtray goes.

shockguages.jpg

here is what i found on the in cab control for the 9000's

-- STOP! --

DO NOT PUT THIS PRODUCT IN YOUR SHOPPING CART!

IT HAS BEEN DISCONTINUED.

yes, that's what I want. the new ones have 9 settings, and I want to put a panel just below the inter lock swich guages lined up vertical to show front and rear.

I actually have the 5-way adjustables up front and the 9-ways in back. In that pic the rears are set around 5 (right hand guage). I pieced my whole system together over some time using Ebay. All together I think it ended up being under $150 including the shocks plus I still have most of a second remote system left over.

I actually have the 5-way adjustables up front and the 9-ways in back. In that pic the rears are set around 5 (right hand guage). I pieced my whole system together over some time using Ebay. All together I think it ended up being under $150 including the shocks plus I still have most of a second remote system left over.

Parts? what would you need to complete the second system? Since it is discontinued and I don't like the remote...

Edited by MY1PATH

Actually its pretty complete. IIRC the first system I bought didn't have enough air line or the air line looked kinda kinked up and while I was searching for new air line I saw the second system pop up real cheap so I bought it.

Looks like you would need some air line and o-rings, maybe have to rebuild an air valve, find/fab a bracket or two and glue the trim on one guage but I think a handy resourceful person such as yourself could cobble it together. Its not nice enough for me to try to offer up for sale in good conscience but if you really need one I'll snap a few pics and we could come up with something.

There's a few on ebay right now w/ no bids, though.

I would just like to say that the truck rides damn nice with the Gas-A-Justs. I wish it was a little stiffer though so Monomax may have been a better choice. I would not mind trying the Rancho 9000XLs either.

• 4 months later...

Anything on the Rancho 9000 XLs yet?

Anyway I have been driving with the Gas-A-Justs for a while now and they have been pretty good. They weren't that expensive and if I do end up mangling one I will just get a replacement. It's not like a broken shock won't get you home...