Howdy from Columbia SC

shooter

Since I am 62 years old and retired I can't call myself a newbie at much of anything. Married 3 times (so far, ha)served in Desert Storm, went to jail for street racing back in the day. Wrenching on vehicles, boats, chainsaws, you name it all my life. Lots of stories I could tell but only 5% are pathfinder related. The only reason I have a pathfinder is that I was at my father's house in Mississippi and his old '89 that he bought new was sitting under a tree with grass grown up all around it. I asked if it was broken down and he said the only thing wrong with it is that it needs brakes and a muffler. I asked what he wanted for it and he said "you can have it" It only had 60k miles on it then, has 138k now. I might be the oldest person on here but luckily I can still crawl under vehicles to do my own repairs. I have always done my own work on all of my approx 50 vehicles over the years except a tractor clutch and an outdrive rebuild on an inboard/outboard boat. Will post pics of pathfinder one of these days. It is just stock with faded red paint and a ramsey wench. Just did a timing belt on it.

I also have a 97 Maxima with 107k and an '02 Buick with 74k. I usually drive the pathfinder. Automatics are boring.

Edited by shooter

Welcome Shooter!! Congrats on the free pathy and retirement. I'm ready myself, but it's going to be a long time still...

I like the pathy story, "If you mow your yard and find a car, you might be a Redneck..." :D

It's all good. Hopefully we can supply you with some tips and tricks to make your wrenching easier, but generally not too much wrenching is required on these.

B