early japanese technology

shooter

Don't forget the turbo Buicks in the 80's. Digital dash, sequential fuel injection on a turbo v6 that got 26mpg. Not bad for 320hp. And before questions the power output, 245 was "stock" because of the corvette couldn't be outpowered.

But I'll say it again. Almost all of the technology we use today, that's made by Japanese companies, was originally American technology. The trend of Japanese companies commandeering American technology has been going on for decades.

The Americans have been stealing German auto technology since the 1880's! Mein Gott in Himmel! :tongue:

To state the true facts Japan, Germany, USA, and Italy have all contributed to the new eras of cars in some ways while whenever one group makes a true improvement the others copy it it is just the way of the industry. There are other places that don't contribute technology just use what these 4 have learned.

Not a lot,because they where built before the whole suv mom craze took off,back when a truck was a truck and sheep where scared to move.They had true fuel injection,not tbi,ford got it in 86 and the chev in 88.They could both be had with power seat if you wanted them.Both had od trannys before the pathfinder was even an idea and one big factor,No timing belt and there frames dont rot out.

Ok,lets see.87 was first year of the pathfinder and i assum it came with 2 different automatic trannies from what people told me on here.a 3 speed and 4 speed.so,the tranny differences don't wash.

fuel injection,whether it was tbi or not is still fuel injected.

Power seats,u got me on that one.maybe cheby and ford did,but thats not like some big whoop.

My frame isn't rotten.But ive seen plent of rotten bronco II and Blazers.

and having owned all 3,I assure you,the bronco II ranks 3rd and the pathfinder first.

upon further investigation,the bronco II and blazer ran TBI units in th 80's.

Edited by 1987Bama

so,whoever told me they came in 4 speed auto's were wrong?

guess i will have to look for a 88 auto tranny to swap in.

Yep, 88 was the first year of the 4 speeds. Some late build 87s might have got them, but it would be hit or miss if they did, like the 89 MPI models.

so,whoever told me they came in 4 speed auto's were wrong?

guess i will have to look for a 88 auto tranny to swap in.

I've been through that ordeal before with my old '87. You cannot put one in, unless you rewire every single thing, swap ECUs, TCUs, and rewire some of that too.

Ok,lets see.87 was first year of the pathfinder and i assum it came with 2 different automatic trannies from what people told me on here.a 3 speed and 4 speed.so,the tranny differences don't wash.

Power seats,u got me on that one.maybe cheby and ford did,but thats not like some big whoop.

and having owned all 3,I assure you,the bronco II ranks 3rd and the pathfinder first.

Yep there sure did run tbi units in the 80's.Ford 4 poopers had them(2.8 v6 was carbed,2.9 was EFI) and blazers had them since.88 was the first year for chevys TPI on the 4.3,you could still order old style tbi until 94 in the blazers though.

Edited by nismothunder

Yep there sure did run tb units in the 80's.Ford 4 poopers had them(2.8 v6 was carbed,2.9 was EFI) and blazers had them since.88 was the first year for chevys TPI on the 4.3,you could still order old style tbi until 94 in the blazers though.

I had a 86 ford ranger stx with the 2.9 port injected V6 It had 140hp and ran like a bat out of hell! I could pass a full sized chevy pickup with a 350 in it. With the small 6 Ford went from carb straight to port injected. Thats why I don't understand why this pathy don't have more acceleration it's got a little more hp than the ford did.

The electronics on the ford sucked though, thats the main reason I bought a snap on scanner. It left me on the road twice because of the ignition module. After that I kept a spare in the truck with the tool to change it. I went through 4 TPS in the 170,000 that I had it. Finally got tired of it and traded it for a chevy.

James

Well there not Blazers,there s10 blazers...

Theres a huge diffrence between tbi and true fuel injection...

Huh,really your going to talk about rust on a truck they havent made in 20 years?Does this not go to show you that the truck has been on the road for 20 years and is still going.Hell theres plenty of blazers and b2's that bodys are rotten to hell but there still on the road,why would that be?Maybe they didnt need there frames repaired when they where 5 years old like Nissan's did in salted area's.Maybe that could be it?Naw thats not it,its the fact that its a bunch of hill billys that dont know that america doesnt make anything worth owning.The fact is that Nissan has been stealing ideas from other brands for years.So why would you go out and buy one when you can get a better deal on a american brand.

And I know your going to come back on and say Ford never offered a front posi unit,well your wrong since I owned a 86 b2 2.9 with a 5 speed and 373 gears and Ttraction-lok diff's front and back.And yes,it had the removable quarter flip windows.A idea a hell of a lot cooler then anything Nissan has ever put on there pathfinder.

Edited by nismothunder