WD 21 horsepower

shooter

In case anybody was wondering and didn't know, the horsepower rating of the VG30i is 145h.p. and the VG30e is 153. My 89 runs amazingly well to only have 145 hp.

Edited by shooter

yes, the engines are vg30e and vg30i

D21 is the chasis number for the pickup and many belive the W in WD21 (pathy chasis) stands for wagon.

the HP figures are redudnant. they are on wikki, they are on here many times and they are on many other nissan forums.

How about a

"HI my name is shooter and here is a pic of my rig..."?

those never get old, welcome to NPORA beer.gif

i was gonna say somewhere between slim and none! :lol: and I think you mean 'V' not 'W'

Fixed it. I am surprised that a change from tbi to port injection only gives an 8 hp claimed increase. That was in the early days of F.I. Sometimes people mistake a tbi for a 4bbl carb.

how 'bout a stroked 3.3 (3.6), Mild cam and a mega squirt ecu to preciecly dial in all the elements (including atomspheric calibration).....

headders exhaust for a pipe dream of 200hp & 220Ft Lbs TO THE WHEELS and still VG powered. (aprox 230hp/260tq crank)

Edited by MY1PATH

Hell if you go with a mega squirt injection system just stuff a VK5.6 in there. From an 04 to 06 you got 305hp with no mods to the motor. It would get awesome fuel mileage too because the motor would be stock. If you ever looked at a VK5.6 close, once all the crap is taken off the motor itself isn't that big. Its all aluminum too so it wouldn't be much heavier than our cast iron block.

James

Hell if you go with a mega squirt injection system just stuff a VK5.6 in there. From an 04 to 06 you got 305hp with no mods to the motor. It would get awesome fuel mileage too because the motor would be stock. If you ever looked at a VK5.6 close, once all the crap is taken off the motor itself isn't that big. Its all aluminum too so it wouldn't be much heavier than our cast iron block.

James

what tranny & t-case would I use tho?

Or swap in a 305 chev with headers and a fogger system...200hp/220lbs N/A and roughly 50 more on the juice...and you dont have to worry about t-belts...since it has a timing chain.

Or a bored and stroked 454-496 with patriot heads,demon 1050 carb and supercomp headers.600-700 hp N/A

Or a blown 706 top sportmans engine running nitro with 15-1 compression and makes 1500 hp.

Any of these engines give the better bang for the buck then the vg's,just saying.

With all these great engine ideas, Why not just go with a GM LSA so you can twist the poor frame into 2 peaces.

that would be a little hard to do.

the twist the frame in half thing...

our frames, as long as not rotted, are VERY strong.

LSA engine?really,your going to put to 15,000 wanna be honda engine into an at least a 15 year old truck.Why?they dont make tourqe below 3k where it should be made in a truck.It maybe ok in a dune jumper or a desert truck but not a whole lot of other things.

that would be a little hard to do.

the twist the frame in half thing...

our frames, as long as not rotted, are VERY strong.

My thoughts exactly. Fully boxed ladder frame, it will be very hard to bend. They're thicker and more supported than some full size trucks. GM did a major oops with installing the 6.1L in their SS Trailblazers, people were twisting the chassis and breaking interior panels left and right. However they are fast as @!*% though and a great bang for the buck.

I think people have the misconception that our frames/chassis are puny because of the weak output motor. This is definitely not the case...

My thoughts exactly. Fully boxed ladder frame, it will be very hard to bend. They're thicker and more supported than some full size trucks. GM did a major oops with installing the 6.1L in their SS Trailblazers, people were twisting the chassis and breaking interior panels left and right. However they are fast as @!*% though and a great bang for the buck.

I think people have the misconception that our frames/chassis are puny because of the weak output motor. This is definitely not the case...

The gm truck frames on the 1500s as far as i know aren't even full boxed they are C channels. And they bend pretty easily from what I've seen.

The gm truck frames on the 1500s as far as i know aren't even full boxed they are C channels. And they bend pretty easily from what I've seen.

I think so, yeah. And the first-gen Tundra frames are so weenie it's pathetic. My Explorer frame was much thicker and better braced than that piece of @!*% Toyota frame.

what tranny & t-case would I use tho?

You would have to use the auto that comes in the titan too. The bell housings are totally different. the starter is under the intake manifold. Makes changing the starter on a wd21 sound easy. You would need a wrecked donor truck to take everything needed to get it going. The transfer case is on the same side as ours.

James

• 2 weeks later...

That is a 5.5% power increase. Add an intake and exhaust and it may hit 160-165hp. Install a VG33 with the same intake and exhaust and you may get up to 190hp!!

*dreams*

B

Hmmm. MPFI, intake port matching, polishing the entire intake, headers, and a PROPERLY designed full exhaust system should give about 170HP.

how 'bout a stroked 3.3 (3.6), Mild cam and a mega squirt ecu to preciecly dial in all the elements (including atomspheric calibration).....

headders exhaust for a pipe dream of 200hp & 220Ft Lbs TO THE WHEELS and still VG powered. (aprox 230hp/260tq crank)

a stroked 3.3 MPFI has to make better than 200hp. If the stock is 170~ then exhaust, cams, intake should garner about 25hp CONSERVATIVELY (considering they all build upon each other). Then if you intake port match probably another few hp and its already at 200. Add displacement and the numbers go up even more. Not to mention increased compression if you use pistons without the typical 3.3 dish in them. Gotta add another 20-30hp.

I totally agree with B that the 3.3 can make 190+ (I personally think about 200) with just cams, exhaust, and intake.

As for putting a 350 in there like some people suggested - how boring and unoriginal is that!!! Plus a lot of work to fit it in the engine bay. At least the 3.3 will fit without much modification, and how cool is it to have the 3.4 or 3.6 when hardly anyone else has one.

a stroked 3.3 MPFI has to make better than 200hp.

If you notice in your own quote I said to the wheels. there is some power loss when you go thru a transmisson, t-case, driveshaft, diff, axles and then finally to the wheels.

over 230 BHP would be the goal with over 260ftlbs @ the crank but I'm not gonna do an engine dyno I'm going to do a chasis dyno.

If you notice in your own quote I said to the wheels. there is some power loss when you go thru a transmisson, t-case, driveshaft, diff, axles and then finally to the wheels.

over 230 BHP would be the goal with over 260ftlbs @ the crank but I'm not gonna do an engine dyno I'm going to do a chasis dyno.

yeah I do notice that now....too many Guinness last night :blond: