supercharger?

shotzie417

the supercharger on the vg33er will bolt up to a vg30 heads. the castings are differant but all the ports, bolts, valves etc are in the same place.

The vg33er uses an eaton m62 and I believe the eaton m90 will also bolt up.

If you do this may I recomend you top off the oil on the SC (m62) before you install it. this is done with the snout facing skyward and removing the fill plug and impossible to do on the vehicle unless you hang it by the front bumper. this will keep it quieter longer.

They make kits to swap out your supercharger oil. I mean if you already have it out of the truck then by all means make sure you drain it out real good to change it. But if it's already in the truck you can use a syringe like thing to get it out. I don't know how many I've done to M90 units on 3800II GM engines.

It's not a particularly fun job, but it's gotta be done. Also i'd make sure you turn it by hand a little a few times if you drain all the oil out like that. Just to get the new oil to coat the gears and all. But that's all personal preference.

• 3 weeks later...

the supercharger on the vg33er will bolt up to a vg30 heads. the castings are differant but all the ports, bolts, valves etc are in the same place.

The vg33er uses an eaton m62 and I believe the eaton m90 will also bolt up.

If you do this may I recomend you top off the oil on the SC (m62) before you install it. this is done with the snout facing skyward and removing the fill plug and impossible to do on the vehicle unless you hang it by the front bumper. this will keep it quieter longer.

You mean the Eaton M90 Supercharger will bolt right up to the lower manifold which originally mates to the VG33ER heads, but can also bolt to the VG30E heads. If this is true, then I'm seriously having second thoughts about selling my apathy then. Let me know if the bolt patterns are the same on the M90 as the M62. Let me know.

Thanx

JB

build yourslef a megasquirt to go the the SC and forget about nisstune.

megasquirt kits avg about $400 and they take a barometirc preassure reading right before each startup so they are self calibrating to altitute, temperature and weather. Not to mention total contol of everything.....