Pathy stalling

Shapes

Hey folks i keep having this problem latley, i will be driving and when i come to a full stop at a light or sign it stalls out. I can restart it and it will stall unless i keep the pedal down a bit then quickly put my foot on the break and shift it to drive. Its a 93 XE 267000km. Im absolutly stumped, changed gas filter and ran some injector cleaner through the engine and still have the same thing. help! p.s. Auto 4x4

Edited by Shapes

Alrighty guys I cleaned the MAF, and the same problem is happening. However i discovered something, what i thought was a bad/blown ball joint sound turned out to be my intake making a sound like if you were to pull a large dent out of a car. This happens when i give her lots of gas once and a while, it was happening when i was manually revving it up with my finger. I was feeling my cold air intake and it would suck like normal than make the sound and push it out the intake kind of like a back fire. Help? Is it my intake hose still? because it had a good crack that i just now loaded with silicone and is drying, i haven't drove it since i siliconed the hose. Hopefully that fixes it?? anyone have any other ideas??

if there is any kind of leak on the engine side of the air flow sensor, your vehicle is going to run like absolute @!*%, because it's unmetered air. After the silicone dries on your intake pipe, she should be good as new!

if there is any kind of leak on the engine side of the air flow sensor, your vehicle is going to run like absolute @!*%, because it's unmetered air. After the silicone dries on your intake pipe, she should be good as new!

yah i think i got the just of it, its running 20x better now. I think i need to replace that hose either way though because its really old and im sure will crack more. Im having trouble finding anything for it though :S ebay has stuff but theres no way im paying $60 + S&H for a 10" aluminum tube :S.

• 11 months later...

:scratchhead:

I've got one for ya.....

Knock sensor has been replaced & all the plugs, cap&rotor, wires, fuel pump, fuel filter, etc. According to the shops diagnostic machine, everything is testing good. Check Engine light is still on & I believe the "35" code still comes up on the ECU. Very low idle & sometimes wants to stall after starting it. When running the A/C, sometimes turning the corner, driveway, into a parking stall, it stalls. Does that have something to do with the A/C unit? Would my 02 sensor have anything to do with it also? I have a new one I can put on, but I've heard its a PITA to get to?

Thanks for all the input everyone!

:beer:

O2 sensor is pretty easy to get at, it's between your y-pipe and catalytic converter. You might have to soak it in penetrating oil for a couple days if it's seized in there good.

After you check you MAF, if you still have the same problem, follow the wire from the O2 sensor all the way up under the hood. When you find the connector for it, try unplugging it and see if the truck runs better. If it does, chances are you need to test/clean/replace the sensor. Leaking exhaust between the engine and sensor will also cause it to run like crap.

Alrighty guys I cleaned the MAF, and the same problem is happening. However i discovered something, what i thought was a bad/blown ball joint sound turned out to be my intake making a sound like if you were to pull a large dent out of a car. This happens when i give her lots of gas once and a while, it was happening when i was manually revving it up with my finger. I was feeling my cold air intake and it would suck like normal than make the sound and push it out the intake kind of like a back fire. Help? Is it my intake hose still? because it had a good crack that i just now loaded with silicone and is drying, i haven't drove it since i siliconed the hose. Hopefully that fixes it?? anyone have any other ideas??

That's backfiring. Through the intake usually means the engine isn't getting enough fuel.

Can you say "FUBR'D"? :/

Why in the world would you run the O2 sensor across the darn engine to plug-in? You'd think it could be plugged in on the same darn side the sensor is......just my :my2cents:

I was going to switch out the old sensor with a new one to see if my Code 33 & check engine light would go off. Guess I'll be waiting until Tues on my day off. Gives the penetrating oil a few days to soak in also.