wtf?

Toby

Yeah, Craftsman quality has gone way down, right around 1990 they started getting bad. I still buy them since they are; easy to get, lifetime warrantied, and less expensive than Snap-On (what I would otherwise buy). I stick to Craftsman wrenches, ratchets, sockets, etc. For my carpentry tools I very with who I buy, depending on the tool.

Their ratchets are fine for me for maybe... 6 months. Then the gears or whatever in them starts messing up and it'll switch as I'm ratcheting. Drives me insane. I gotta take it back to get replaced. But otherwise most their stuff is fine for me. I'd get snap-on but it's so expensive for the most basic things. Although I do like their impact guns.

S-K is primarly what the independant guy sells. I like warrantied for life tools thats I don't even have to go anywhere to exchange! :aok:

Yeah, but you are in a shop that they visit, most Matco, Snap-On, S&K trucks don't tend to make house calls. I have a Sears Hardware 10 min away, if I break anything, I can be back to work in less than a half hour. :shrug: When I go to my step-dad's shop (not his, where he works..) he has a full spread of Snap-On and it is so nice.

I like my Ingersol Impact, but Snap-On does have some nice ones. Mine is a hand-me-down from the step-dad when he got a Snap-On.

My I-R impact takes A friggin tromping, Wouldn't trade that thing off for any other brand. Plastic case/ titanium guts... lightweight and powerfull as the day I bought it still...

My I-R impact takes A friggin tromping, Wouldn't trade that thing off for any other brand. Plastic case/ titanium guts... lightweight and powerfull as the day I bought it still...

I love my Blue-Point Air tools, (snap-on with differnt tags on them), I have abused those tools so hard, I got the hole set used cheep and have been using them for about 10 years now and they all still work great.

kinda...but kinda not :shrug: He was basicly just basicly complaining about a cheap-overpriced tool breakign and getting a wHierd response, the conversation just kinda shifted a little to good/more costly tools

kinda...but kinda not :shrug: He was basicly just basicly complaining about a cheap-overpriced tool breakign and getting a wHierd response, the conversation just kinda shifted a little to good/more costly tools

This thread lacked substance from the beginning.

Just brings a tear to my eye to see it's still going :'( lol