wtf?

Toby

So some months back (when I first got my pathfinder), I got a scosche interior panel kit thing. So I sent the comment card in saying how poor their products were (their pry tool broke after a few light uses). Today I get this letter in the mail from them. They said they included a "gift" which ends up being a little booklet of the Declaration of Independence, and US Constitution.

It makes NO sense whatsoever. Like they had it lying around the office. I dunno. Thought it was weird.

Didn't say you did anythign wrong... just saying I'd do somethign like that to someone. Hell I don't even know what the f a scosche interior panel kit thing is... :shrug:

Just like a "bone pick" or a panel puller, whichever you call it. Then like a crappy screw driver. And some weird wire thing for running amp cords or something goofy.

I wanted the panel puller because the metal ones suck and damage stuff.

Thats freakin sweet! Write another letter & see what else they send. Maybe some fabric softener & a used pillow case...

:chairfall: And now I know what AT&T is getting this month!

What did the letter say?

Dear Valued Customer,

In response to the product survey card you completed, we ate Scosche would like to thank you for your purchase of the Scosche Mobile Electronic products. The survey cards are reviewed by the Scosche team and I in order to correct errors, improve the product design or the service we provide you. You may not realize it, but we take your comments very seriously. I hope your experience with Scosche has been a good one.

Scosche products are available in the automotive sections at these fine retailer's: Wal*Mart, Best Buy, Target, Car Toys, Crutchfield, and other specialty electronic stores.

Please let me know what else we can build for you.

Sincerely,

(signature)

President/CEO

P.S. To show our appreciation, enclosed you will find our gift to you. For more of our selection please go to scosche.com.

That's pretty much it, word for word lol. It's just crazy. Especially because I sent in to get a new panel puller.

Tools from Wal Mart = get what you pay for

Considering Stanley sells their tools there as well. Not that I'm saying Stanley is all that great. There's an included warranty to these, and how hard is it to produce a wedge shaped piece of plastic?

Considering Stanley sells their tools there as well. Not that I'm saying Stanley is all that great. There's an included warranty to these, and how hard is it to produce a wedge shaped piece of plastic?

Only Stanley tool worth a damn is a tape measure, and even then some are crap.

So some months back (when I first got my pathfinder), I got a scosche interior panel kit thing. So I sent the comment card in saying how poor their products were (their pry tool broke after a few light uses). Today I get this letter in the mail from them. They said they included a "gift" which ends up being a little booklet of the Declaration of Independence, and US Constitution.

It makes NO sense whatsoever. Like they had it lying around the office. I dunno. Thought it was weird.

I think the dialogue is something like "Read this round eye, and see what it gets you".

*deals with Chinese manufacturers directly

Maybe they were implying they had the right to make crap, and you had the right to complain about it? :shrug:

*polite paraphrasing*

Thats freakin sweet! Write another letter & see what else they send. Maybe some fabric softener & a used pillow case...

:rofl:

As someone who works for molding company, on a scale of 1-10 it rates as brainless.

B

Only Stanley tool worth a damn is a tape measure, and even then some are crap.

I've been using several of their plain extensions and such on my impact gun. Haven't had any problems out of them. Their sockets have been fine as well. Only had problems with their ratchets, but they have a warranty as well. I just don't bother because it's too much work to mail it in. In their defense my Craftsman ratchets do the same.

Like that guy said,I use stanls and the only problem I ever had was with a rachet,which was my own falt for using it as a breaker bar with a pipe on the end.It still works,I just need to tap it before changing dirrections once in a while.

When I have a Matco, Snap-On and an independant tool truck (deals with a couple brands), I avoid Stanley and other super-saver store tools. I DO have a Craftsman torque wrench, but that's cause I chased the original one down watchig it bounce off the back of a truck (free tool!) and getting the good old free hand tool replacement...

I've been using several of their plain extensions and such on my impact gun. Haven't had any problems out of them. Their sockets have been fine as well. Only had problems with their ratchets, but they have a warranty as well. I just don't bother because it's too much work to mail it in. In their defense my Craftsman ratchets do the same.

Yeah, Craftsman quality has gone way down, right around 1990 they started getting bad. I still buy them since they are; easy to get, lifetime warrantied, and less expensive than Snap-On (what I would otherwise buy). I stick to Craftsman wrenches, ratchets, sockets, etc. For my carpentry tools I very with who I buy, depending on the tool.