Brand of clutch

1987caddy

I'm needing to replace my clutch and I'm finding on rockauto.com that there is alot of different brands. They start from 107 bucks all the way to 500. I don't want junk but don't want to break the bank. Any thoughts?

I just installed the Rhino Pac clutch off rock auto. As I recall it was a pretty happy medium in cost. Also they had a picture of it and the disc just looked sturdier than some of the others. It came with pilot, t.o.b., p.p., and a decent alignment tool. I only got some 1600 miles on it though. It was real grabby and not forgiving at first, but it seems to have seated nicely. Not one chatter or slip but I have babied it. Took about 5 days to get here.

I have also installed the rhino pac clutch hydraulics on both of my vehicles, but neither have seen more than a few thousand miles yet so their ultimate durability remains to be seen.

I will admit it feels very light and smooth. If it wasn't for the spring on the pedal, I might wonder if my foot was doing anything. This may be due to driving an old pickup with a cable clutch for 4 months though.

Edited by ZombeeXXX

I just picked up an OEM clutch for about $100 IIRC, worked fine for the 25k miles I drove that truck.

Call Alkorahil (Rob Lacy, info in the Classified/Services section) to get a price on a factory unit.

B

Exedy, like stated above, is who makes Nissan's replacement clutches. Any factory replacement from a dealer would be an Exedy clutch, just re-labeled to say Nissan. I honestly don't see the point in even considering a dealer of any sort when you can get the same thing for $150 or so with shipping. I priced the same parts from my Exedy clutch with Rob and it was almost $400. :blink:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/EXEDY-CLUTCH-KIT-85-97-NISSAN-PATHFINDER-PICKUP-3-0-L-/400052471071

I just installed this clutch in my Pathfinder, works great.