The gun topic(not that gun buddy)

nismothunder

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats about it too.Although my little hariss and richardson .32 may object.6 shooter with a 2 inch barrel.I couldnt hit my self in the head with it if I tryed,I'd hit the squirrel down the block though.

Edited by nismothunder

I'll play.

.357 is the best all around pistol cartridge outside of bear country, even the occasional black bear. Sorry if it is only in a revolver, but they are more accurate than any floating barrel auto, and more reliable IMHO.

Sig P230 in .380 is a great hide away.

But, the subject is 30-06 and why it is the best all around. I found cartridges from 55 grain/4100fps to 220 grain/2400fps without any effort. What other caliber has that much versatility? :shrug:

B

30-06 is one of the oldest cartridges still in use. I think the oldest is the Russian 7.62 X 54R which is comparable in power to the 30-06. As Precise said with the many different loads available even for the non reloader it can be used for varmint hunting all the way up to elk hunting. It started its life as a military round and can be loaded hotter than factory spects in newer rifles.

45acp is the best semi auto round in a 1911 of course. I do like 357 also for a revolver, I'm actually looking for one right now. I want a 4" barrel to keep under my arm while hunting. I have a old colt python with a 6" barrel but I wouldn't want to take that hunting. it's too pretty!

The newer semi auto are getting more accurate. I don't carry rat shot rounds for snakes when hunting. I took a snakes head off from around 10 yards with my old 1911.

Also If you don't have the money for a new glock don't shoot your buddy glock. They are addicting! They have the correct natural angle on the grip for point shooting. I'm more accurate with the glock than with my 1911. You don't even have to use the sites.

Guns are my favorite subject, I could go on for days so I'll shut up now.

James

I do like the 1911,but it handles like a brick.I would be much happier with a little pop gun 32 then a 45.I agree with B on the 357 magnum.It is a very suitable round for black bear.Now a big ol' griz or Kodiak,then I'd rather have a 7mm magnum,35 lever gun for longer shots and a cut down 12 gauge pump or semi auto loaded with slugs for a brush gun.

I always thought and I've been told that the 7.63x54 has the power of a 30-30.

personally I dont know if 1 round/firearm would ever be the "best of all time"

personal protection(duty) although i carry a ber. model 92 I am looking into an XD45M

(carry) I love the ruger sp101 w/130gr hydra-shok's

and for plinkin'/varmit -- I stand by my savage .22-250.....never let me down and its accurate as all "get out"

I do like the 1911,but it handles like a brick.I would be much happier with a little pop gun 32 then a 45.I agree with B on the 357 magnum.It is a very suitable round for black bear.Now a big ol' griz or Kodiak,then I'd rather have a 7mm magnum,35 lever gun for longer shots and a cut down 12 gauge pump or semi auto loaded with slugs for a brush gun.

I always thought and I've been told that the 7.63x54 has the power of a 30-30.

The 7.62 x 39 has the power of a 30-30, the 7.62 x 54 was the higher power cartridge for the old mosin nagant rifle, dragunov sniper rifle and some machine guns. The 30-06 was introduced in 1906 in the springfield rifle, but the 7.62 x 54r was introduced in 1891 in the mosin nagant rifle. I'm not sure when the 7.62 x 39 came out but it was originally in the SKS rifle then the AK47.

James

The 7.63x39mm was designed for the ppsh(something like that) during the battle for lenigrad in ww2.Mainly because there needed a assult rifle.They already had the mosin as a battle rifle and another (pps?) as a sub machine gun.

Edited by nismothunder

Nope, sorry, that is incorrect. The AK47 was 'invented' after WW2 in direct response to the German SG44 which was used against the Russians. The response was something like "Oh Sheit!! We need something like that too!!"

I'm not sure when the 7.62 x 39 came out but it was originally in the SKS rifle then the AK47.

James

The AK came out in... wait for it... 1947. :D

B

But didnt see full army use until the 60-70s.Before that only the top regiments got the ak,others got the sks and mosin.

The first major war that saw the ak being used was vietnam,in its later stages,by the nva.The others where stuck with sks and mosin's that where worn out and where more dangerise to the ones shooting then the one being shot at.

I'm not a AK fan,A guy I know bought a brand new one,never issued and it was made with very poor pine for the stocks and the barrel was filled with grease.But there is no doughting there reliabilty.Far better then any past or current AR style rifle.The russians currently have the most advanse assult rifle ever.It fires 2 rounds before you feel the recoil.

i usually use a p90 with the bling perk so i can use a silencer AND a red dot sight. i use that with the commando and lightweight perks and i'll be running around getting kills all over the map

as long as my internet connection doesnt start lagging though....

lmao =]

The 7.63x39mm was designed for the ppsh(something like that) during the battle for lenigrad in ww2.Mainly because there needed a assult rifle.They already had the mosin as a battle rifle and another (pps?) as a sub machine gun.

No the 7.62x39 was originally developed for the SKS, the PPSh-41 shot the 7.62x25 which is an updated version of the 7.63x25 mauser round used in the old broom handles. 7.62x25 is a high velocity pistol round developed in 1930 and was used in many sub guns too.

The AK came out in... wait for it... 1947. :D

B

I said I didn't know when the 7.62x39 came out but I knew when the AK47 came out. Now you made me look it up, the 7.62x39 was developed in 1943. And actually the AK47 wasn't developed in 1947, that is the year the red army adopted it into service. The actual designing started in 1944 with the first military test starting in 1946.

I have a few AKs and have no complaints about them. The wood they come with looks like it was cut from laminated plywood but you must remember this was a military gun built cheap. There are plenty of nice upgrade stock you can get for them, I personally like Tapco. The rifles are put down by many people saying they are not accurate. Well mine are, maybe its whats behind the trigger causing the accuracy issues. :tongue:

James

Its mainly a ammo problem unless you lucky enough to have a full auto one.Then its very hard too shoot because its jumps around like hell (unlike AR-15s,well they both jump but the ar15 is like a 22)

I happen to have the luck of knowing a guy that is able to buy fully automatic rifles legally.

Do you happen to know the make and model #? I'd like to read up on it.

I highly suspect that they took that idea from the Germans also. Check out what HK did some 30 years ago... ;)

http://www.militaryfactory.com/smallarms/detail.asp?smallarms_id=77

B

I dont believe so,the barrel I believe will move it self back on the first shot and fire again on the second,feeling the recoil only on the second.I beileve its called delayed blow back.The Rifle is the AN-94 and was meant to become the standerd battle rifle.But when the eastern block folded in 93(?) it was delayed.There are plans for mass production of this rifle but they dont have the funding to do so.It is highly suspected that the an-94 will show up over hear this year/next year as a sporting arm.Thats there plan but who knows.

No the 7.62x39 was originally developed for the SKS, the PPSh-41 shot the 7.62x25 which is an updated version of the 7.63x25 mauser round used in the old broom handles. 7.62x25 is a high velocity pistol round developed in 1930 and was used in many sub guns too.

I said I didn't know when the 7.62x39 came out but I knew when the AK47 came out. Now you made me look it up, the 7.62x39 was developed in 1943. And actually the AK47 wasn't developed in 1947, that is the year the red army adopted it into service. The actual designing started in 1944 with the first military test starting in 1946.

I have a few AKs and have no complaints about them. The wood they come with looks like it was cut from laminated plywood but you must remember this was a military gun built cheap. There are plenty of nice upgrade stock you can get for them, I personally like Tapco. The rifles are put down by many people saying they are not accurate. Well mine are, maybe its whats behind the trigger causing the accuracy issues. :tongue:

James

7.62x39 tumbles at long range. that's why it has a reputation for being inaccurate.

I have a Tapco G2 trigger,SAW grips and the galil handguard kit on my romanian G,along with a krebs tac scope rail.

Its mainly a ammo problem unless you lucky enough to have a full auto one.Then its very hard too shoot because its jumps around like hell (unlike AR-15s,well they both jump but the ar15 is like a 22)

I happen to have the luck of knowing a guy that is able to buy fully automatic rifles legally.

It's like a 22 cause it is a 22, just with more powder, thats why in the civilian worlds is the.223 caliber...

you can get automatic rifles in arizona, you just have to purchase a tax stamp to own it, and find it to buy it. Actually saw one for sale at a flea market once.

a few months ago, a guy down the street blew his own foot off with a 300 Win Mag... safety first! in Canada its mostly rifles people own.

im not a gun owner but, I wouldnt mind having a good old 12 gauge. I did a little bit of skeet shooting a couple years back, that was cool .

a few months ago, a guy down the street blew his own foot off with a 300 Win Mag... safety first! in Canada its mostly rifles people own.

im not a gun owner but, I wouldnt mind having a good old 12 gauge. I did a little bit of skeet shooting a couple years back, that was cool .

RULE #1. Treat every gun as loaded!!!

RULE #2. Don't keep guns where stupid peope/little kids can get them!!!

RULE #1. Treat every gun as loaded!!!

RULE #2. Don't keep guns where stupid peope/little kids can get them!!!

i totally agree with those rules, this guy broke rule number 1. I was told he was trying to stuff his gun in his soft gun case, and Bang!

Gun safety rules for everyone- (From my airsoft team's field manual)

1. ALWAYS treat any and every gun,real,or otherwise as if it were a real,loaded firearm.

2. Never put your finger on the trigger,or deactivate the safety catch until you are ready to fire.

3. Never point the muzzle at anything you do not intend to shoot

4. Check the chamber before you shoulder your weapon (This ensures that it is not loaded)

5. If applicable,Use the bolt hold open on unloaded weapons,to ensure that others see your weapon is unloaded.