Will qx4 body parts (lights, bumpers, etc..) fit on pathfinder?

i would really like to swap a newer style or QX front end onto my 98 pathfinder (looks much better IMO) and swap out the tailights too (pretty sure the taillights are the same)

so do you guys have any idea if the stuff will fit or am i gonna have to do some custom work?

anyone done this?

also thinking about fabin up some of my own fender flares....what you guys think about that?

anyone done that?

Seen it done many times and it seems as if most all parts are interchangeable with little or no modifications needed.

As you well know, the pathy and QX4 are pretty much the same truck. Only difference is that the QX4 is the "luxury" version of the pathy.

As for fender flares, unless you have very wide tires, don't bother with them. Fender flares almost always help get mud/water between them and the fender, causing the fender to rust out faster. I took mine off and am not interested in ever putting them back on.

Good luck on whatever you decide to do.

• Like 1

The only thing Im not sure about is the headlights, I know the QX4 headlight and turn signal are one piece, compared to the Pathys seperate design. Also you have an older gen r50 pathfinder.....which means you might have problems with the newer gen qx4's

I would be careful to double check the differences between the fenders (side markers), hood, and possibly even the bumper.

They reshaped these parts even between the 99 and 2000 pathfinders.

The only thing Im not sure about is the headlights, I know the QX4 headlight and turn signal are one piece, compared to the Pathys seperate design. Also you have an older gen r50 pathfinder.....which means you might have problems with the newer gen qx4's

Wow...you're right! Never noticed the headlights and turn signals were one piece....This will be SOOO much easier to mount than the separate ones I've got now. Thanks!!!

alright cool sounds good. i wasnt planning on doin the sheetmetal (unless its necessary to fit everything else), just wanted to do the grill, lights and maybe bumper.

northerpathy: i wasnt takling about fender flares. i was talking about making my own custom fabricated FLARED fenders (pre runner style for more clearence). im not a fan of fender flares. think they are ugly as @!*%

If you do end up swapping, just make sure you grab everything. I'm pretty sure that even the hood has a different line, but I could be wrong. Just make sure.

I too was also thinking about making flared fenders since my 15x10's stick out past my stock flares (and thats only with 31x10.50 tires!). Let us know if you go through with that part, as I'd be extremely interested.

Jose

I know the newer QX4 headlights have built in HID lights. The older ones are a little different. You can swap to the earlier QX4 but I think you will need a new hood. It's not worth the swap to the newer QX4 and in my opinion and the newer QX4 looks like a mommy mobile.

98-99 Pathfinder

800px-1998-99_Nissan_Pathfinder.jpg

97-00 QX4

800px-%2797-%2700_Infiniti_QX4.JPG

01+ QX4

800px-InfinitiQX4.jpg

Edited by Tungsten

I wonder if the HID's from the QX4 would fit in a newer gen R50, even though they are one piece as compared to 2. I would love to have HID's! But I dont want convert my headlights I have now to HID's cause the reflector is not made for them, where the QX4 was designed for the HID

damn thats pricey!!!

those qx4 grills are pretty ugly. i think the grill i was thinking off was the newer (2000+) pathfinder. let me see if i can find a pic

i like the headlights on the newer qx4 tho. they look like there a lil bigger, but maybe they will fit. ill see if i can find someone with a qx4 n test fit them first

Like mine, I have a 2001 but its the LE so it has the one piece grill as opposed to the honeycomb one. But I painted mine, it used to have a chrome lip around it, but Its now graphite :)

Edit, here is the therad that I made that has pics of how I took it out and painted it

http://www.nissanpathfinders.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=26517&st=0&p=488677&fromsearch=1entry488677

100_1326.jpg

100_1338.jpg

Edited by 01silvapathy

This is the only other grill on the newer Pathfinders, I believe only 99.5-01 SE models had this grill.

I believe you are correct.

Difference between the XE & LE, they are both like Silvapathy posted, the LE has a chrome surround, the XE gets a non-bling paint matched surround.

As for fender flares, unless you have very wide tires, don't bother with them. Fender flares almost always help get mud/water between them and the fender, causing the fender to rust out faster. I took mine off and am not interested in ever putting them back on.

Sorry, but I just had to laugh about this. Good advice, but for one detail. He is in SoCal where rust is a mythical creature... ;)

B

Sorry, but I just had to laugh about this. Good advice, but for one detail. He is in SoCal where rust is a mythical creature... ;)

B

I have heard that people that live right by the ocean can run into some problems with rust and corrosion and such after a long period of time, but ofcourse that is nothing compared to road salt.

yeah we dont have much of problem with rust but silvapathy is right over a period of time the salt in the air from the ocean does start eating away

so i thought i had an XE because it wasnt badged but mine does have the chrome bumpers. so it is an LE?