Wheels

Entropy98

I am planning on getting some black steel wheels like the ones that I have now. The reason for the switch is that I am getting new tires and the tires I want only fit the 16" rim.

1. What are some good sites that I can get some cheap wheels from?

2. What is the closest backspacing that I can do that will barley clear the strut with 32" wheels.

3. Any one around NC that would like to buy the wheel/tires that I have on my truck now?

Goodyear MT/R 32x11.50R15 with about 40% tread.

The wheels that I have now stick out a bit more than I would like. I think that they are 4.25" BS.

Tyler

So I think this might be the one. Can anyone difinatively tell me if this rim will work with 32" tires and still clear the strut.

This should suck the tire in a bit because of the backspacing/offset.

My link 2

I also found this link that helps to explain how offset and BS works.

Calculator

Edited by Entropy98

There is no way you will fit 285/75R16's on a wheel with 5" backspacing on an 8"-wide wheel. 4.25" BS is probably the limit. What tire size are you getting? 265/75R16's MIGHT fit, but you'd need to test fit to be sure...

Edited by XPLORx4

There is no way you will fit 285/75R16's on a wheel with 5" backspacing on an 8"-wide wheel. 4.25" BS is probably the limit. What tire size are you getting? 265/75R16's MIGHT fit, but you'd need to test fit to be sure...

The link that showed the offset automatically put 285/75R16 in as a default. I know that would never work with the AC lift.

265/75R16 is what I plan on running. The exact dimentions are 10.5" section width, and 31.9" radius. The problem is test fitting when I am buying online. Don't know how easy it is to return if the wheels don't work.

I am assuming that these would work better?

4.25 BS

Edited by Entropy98