Lift installation problems

ebag17

I found a trail master lift at a junkyard which has really almost given me more problems than it's worth. But i finally got everything off and it's almost complete. But the car was not equipped with the "bumpstop brackets T86AB4" So I'm assuming it just drops the factory bump stop down? Does anyone with this lift know how far it drops it down and could i just make my own pretty easily? Thanks

For the rear axle? Yes, a simple spacer block would work but why have the bump stops at all, they just limit flex...

B

Alright thanks that's what i was hoping for. In the instructions i came across there was a big warning about "causing irreversible damage to suspension components" But then i didn't think they would be totally even necessary. and when i went to take them off the heads of the bolts just broke off.... sooo. no bump stops it is.

Lift was finished this morning!

But if i did make blocks for it i wouldn't make the bump stop extensions 4" because that's the size of the lift would i?

In the instructions i came across there was a big warning about "causing irreversible damage to suspension components"

Sorry, my bad. I was rushing a reply at work.

Ok, more flex means more wear on bushings and such, but what I really think they are talking about in the rear shocks, especially if you ditch the rear sway bar. If you hyper extend, you can damage internals and there is "irreversible damage to suspension components", right?? There are some threads about what shocks people with lifts are running, and I know Slick has the same set up so maybe she can provide the shock info?? The other way is to flex and measure what range you need... :shrug:

B

All I have to say is have good shocks in the rear or you'll be wishing you had bump stops. Your tires will hit your fenders and they will be gouged apart. I learned that not too long ago.

I removed mine and after 4 speed bumps there were chunks removed from the tires.

All I have to say is have good shocks in the rear or you'll be wishing you had bump stops. Your tires will hit your fenders and they will be gouged apart. I learned that not too long ago.

I removed mine and after 4 speed bumps there were chunks removed from the tires.

:scratchhead: How? I have no bumps, fender flares and aftermarket wheels that set my tires out further and I don't rub anything?

Flexy.jpg

Here's what Slick had to say about shocks that I found a while ago and had bookmarked. Also, all you really need to know about shocks really. If none of these suit your fancy, then go with a different vehicle option that uses the same mounting hole style and size.

17th post down is Slicks, but whole thread is great reference.

Is there anyway i can utilize the trail master lift and 3" lift coils to get a total of 7" of lift?

sure, just plan on building new control arms, panhard bar, shocks, driveshaft, and brake lines, oh, and add in a SFA swap for the front.

Is there anyway i can utilize the trail master lift and 3" lift coils to get a total of 7" of lift?

You should be able to do that, but with the same concerns as a normal lift. The TM lift is just a bunch of drop brackets that keeps the stock suspension angles but lowers if from the rest of the vehicle. I would get rid of the rear spring blocks and get longer springs for the back, personally.

Yea man everything is possible! But...

sure, just plan on building new control arms, panhard bar, shocks, driveshaft, and brake lines...

I have to agree to an extent. A whole lot more fabbing will go into this, and you may make a DD into a trail rig only...(safety is key)

You should be able to do that, but with the same concerns as a normal lift. The TM lift is just a bunch of drop brackets that keeps the stock suspension angles but lowers if from the rest of the vehicle. I would get rid of the rear spring blocks and get longer springs for the back, personally.

X2 those brackets can be dangerous...(Had one "pop out" on a YJ, destroyed a nearly new 35 inch TSL)