NISSAN PATHINDER 1992 SAS LIFT

ok so here is the deal i got 2 pathfinders and i am sticking the engine in one of them (both 1992). Any way i want to put a lift on it and every thing and do an sas. Should i use my rear axle from my one pathfinder for the front axle for the other?

Any way i just want all your opinions what i should do ( lift, sas, tires) My budget right now is 6000$

thanks

And i am thinking 35" tires.....

thanks ya'll!!!!

• Like 1

ok so here is the deal i got 2 pathfinders and i am sticking the engine in one of them (both 1992). Any way i want to put a lift on it and every thing and do an sas. Should i use my rear axle from my one pathfinder for the front axle for the other?

Any way i just want all your opinions what i should do ( lift, sas, tires) My budget right now is 6000$

thanks

And i am thinking 35" tires.....

thanks ya'll!!!!

You can not use a rear axle as a front axle unless you never want to turn only go straight. For a front axle if you want to stay close to stock width you need a 86-91 grand wagoneer or a bronco axle i don't know years to use of the bronco axle, If you want your tires way out the sides for offroad only vehicle you can use a chevy half ton front axle. I am going to add some links that will help you understand better.

nissannut

npora sas link

npora front axle option page

If you look around you will find allot more information, A SAS is not really a project a person starting out on fabrication work should start with. There is allot of things you can do wrong and leave yourself with a none working vehicle. If you still think you want to do a SAS I recommend reading every peace of information on doing it that you can.

I don't mean to sound mean (hehe!) but if you need to ask that question, you probably shouldn't be doing an SAS...its more than just cut and paste.

You might be able to get a shop to assemble/create your SAS for $6000 if you're lucky. That would be with leaf springs most likely and most of the bill would be in labor. I suggest going this route if you aren't a very skilled automotive dude. Calmini manufactures alot of the parts for this so you could avoid the fabrication costs.

It can easily cost more than 6k if you go to a decent shop...atleast the last time I checked.

Maybe set your sights a bit lower?

You can not use a rear axle as a front axle unless you never want to turn only go straight. For a front axle if you want to stay close to stock width you need a 86-91 grand wagoneer or a bronco axle i don't know years to use of the bronco axle, If you want your tires way out the sides for offroad only vehicle you can use a chevy half ton front axle. I am going to add some links that will help you understand better.

nissannut

npora sas link

npora front axle option page

If you look around you will find allot more information, A SAS is not really a project a person starting out on fabrication work should start with. There is allot of things you can do wrong and leave yourself with a none working vehicle. If you still think you want to do a SAS I recommend reading every peace of information on doing it that you can.

You actually could in fact use the rear axle for the front. You would need two steering knuckles from a Dana 60, Custom axle shafts made for steering, and if you really wanted to, you could re-tube the axle for the offset pumpkin, or you could leave it in the middle. I have seen a few yota guys do this, and they have no problems at all with it.

• 3 weeks later...

Sure you can:

me_1.jpg

That is an H233b up front, has D44 knuckles, hubs and outer shaft, custom milled inner shafts.

I should have stated that better, You cant use a rear axle in the front unless you are a really good fabricator or plane on throwing allot of money at it. I was trying to discourage someone from pulling the front end out of there truck that dosn't sound like they have the no how or skills to complete the job.

Tis all good, but I think it is pretty obvious that a solid rear axel won't turn.

Are there any pics of that h233b axle modified to be a font axle? I wanna see basically how he adapted the knuckles mostly. This is something I was planning to make and has anyone done this with a C200?