too much lift on a pathy?

Eyehategod310

i dont see wd21's with more than like 3+4" lift and i stumbled across this and i thought it was kinda cool. i thought i'd ask the people at npora somethin, is this much lift actually less convenient for off roading?? do u guys like it or think its overkill?

click for the image here ;]

Edited by Eyehategod310

pics of that rig have been around a long time, its a POS and still does not have any front drive shaft. because he'll never get one in it.

I had to do a bit of a work around on my rig to get it all to work right (front ujoint angles) and i'm not even as tall as that.

its a show truck.. maybe mud.. but from my standpoint.. worthless.

I have about 6-7" suspension lift and 3" body lift.

but thats not very accurate either.

when i started my build i had 14" to the frame rails, i have 24 now

I used to have 36's and just went to 38's. however, there is actually only 1.2" difference in diamter between the 36 x 12.5 x15 tsl's and the 38 x 12.5 x 15 tsl/sx's

Here is a pic in the garage with 38s' as you can see, i really can't make it any lower.

0514000819-1.jpg

Edited by 87pathy

i dont see wd21's with more than like 3+4" lift and i stumbled across this and i thought it was bad ass. i thought i'd ask the people at npora somethin, is this much lift actually less convenient for off roading?? do u guys like it or think its overkill?

click for the image here ;]

There are a couple of ways to look at how you should modify your rig. As with any 4x4, you can go too far. What do I mean? Well, I think you need to take a look at what you want to do with your rig. If you are going to hit big nasty mudholes, well, big tires and POWER are a necessity. If you are using for a trail rig, going too high could create problems(ie: high center of gravity). But, trail rigs dont need tons of power(though, it is nice) or huge tires. Some of the best wheelers I've seen operate with very little(all about the GO pedal). Too much lift can also hinder flex. Extra cost would be involved with, as stated by 87, getting driveshaft angles correctly, and having beefy enough components to withstand the added stress of large tires.

If you just want to be the tallest guy on the block, well, I guess you will be wheeling with B at the mall.

thanks 5523, i just saw it and the mexican in me got wet over such a big pathy lol.

I completely agree! It would be way fun to have a rig lifted like that and working right. I think all pathfinder owners do. Unfortunatly, the real world dictates what can and cant happen. If it was easy to do, well, we would own Jeeps!

I completely agree! It would be way fun to have a rig lifted like that and working right. I think all pathfinder owners do. Unfortunatly, the real world dictates what can and cant happen. If it was easy to do, well, we would own Jeeps!

bite your tongue.

There are only 3 jeeps i would ever own, and just for the "cool" factor.

those would be

CJ6

cj8

jeep camando.

you can keep the rest.

oh, and when i was done, the only jeep part left wold be the body.. i'd change the frames even

Don't say nothin bout commandos...

http://www.greatlakes4x4.com/showthread.php?t=180451&highlight=paint

Even heepers don't like rigs lifted that high... any hardcore jeep has tons of articulation. but they sit their rigs only like 3-7" higher than stock....they stretch the wheelbase out and run bigger tires with full width axles and chop the rear panels and front fenders.

I'd have a show/dune TRUCK (longer wheelbase) that was almost as tall as that ( take off the shackles and bodylift) but never something that unstable, dune hills are scary enough STOCK, much less on 15" lift and 37s

yes i did.. look up farther.

oohh sorry i missed that >.<

and i've heard of cops harassing for not having mud flaps but fender flares?? they really bug you about that? thats kinda nuts..

Edited by Eyehategod310
  • Like 1

and i've heard of cops harassing for not having mud flaps but fender flares?? they really bug you about that? thats kinda nuts..

Cops in Oregon and Washington will wright you tickets for tires sticking out to far past fenders and no mud flaps if more the 24" tire is below the body. Although most of the time you can talk your way out of it. Wish I could dovenose my pathy and it still be street legal.

bite your tongue.

There are only 3 jeeps i would ever own, and just for the "cool" factor.

those would be

CJ6

cj8

jeep camando.

you can keep the rest.

oh, and when i was done, the only jeep part left wold be the body.. i'd change the frames even

Oh, I dont want no Jeep! :wacko: Though, I do kinda dig the old Grand Wagoneers. The Wagoneer Chief is cool. My brother had one of those.

• Like 1

Height don't mean crap if it's useless...

Mud flaps can be talked out of here since Pathfinders are legally titled as station wagons and not trucks here but flares are needed for the same reason stated already.

As for the J--- word, old Wagoneers are cool (speckly a woodgrained out Grand) and the J20 has a cool factor to it. :hide:

Height don't mean crap if it's useless...

Mud flaps can be talked out of here since Pathfinders are legally titled as station wagons and not trucks here but flares are needed for the same reason stated already.

As for the J--- word, old Wagoneers are cool (speckly a woodgrained out Grand) and the J20 has a cool factor to it. chair.gif

Really? I got a 20 yr old sales recipt that Has a check mark next to TRUCK. FYI the options were:

Truck

Car

Motorcycle

On the other hand I think the W in WD21 means Wagon...

Edited by MY1PATH