AHHHHHHHH!

Kyle94

So i went a friends house and stayed up until 3 to go to see Eclipse... We left at like 130 AM and by the time we got back (5ish) i went to get ready to go home and noticed just as i was unlocking the front door, someone had busted a whole in the drivers side passenger window... the little side... reached in and unlocked it... so i opened the door and realized that someone had folded down the back seats and ripped my subs and out very forcefully cuz i had wires runnin everywhere for the ground and such... thank goodness i took my faceplate for my stereo in my friends house... so i call the police and they send over a officer and he looks around and pretty much tells me im fskced and ill never see it again... so im left with the cost of a bbroken window the cost to retint a new one and the cost to get new speakers + AMP and an alarm so this @!*% dont happen again.... fskc im so pissed... i spun out the fskcin road cuz im pretty sure it was some one that lived in that lil neighbor hood... :P:doh::omg::nono::whip::ar15::angry::rant2::shrug::ohno01: grr thats all the angry emoticons i saw so there they are!!! grr im so goddamn pissed... fskc!! fskc fskc THE WORLD!!!

don't you hate that? and if the tint was dark enough, and you couldn't actually see IN your truck.... then you know it was someone who knows it was there, which just makes it worse.

I never, ever had my stereo bumpin or loud in or around my house or anyone elses as I didn't want peeps to know my sh*t was back there.

Chalk it down to experience, get an alarm, new window, and pray you catch the little bastiges trying to sell your stuff. Full coverage insurance is good too.

sorry it happened at all though :hugs:

don't you hate that? and if the tint was dark enough, and you couldn't actually see IN your truck.... then you know it was someone who knows it was there, which just makes it worse.

I never, ever had my stereo bumpin or loud in or around my house or anyone elses as I didn't want peeps to know my sh*t was back there.

Chalk it down to experience, get an alarm, new window, and pray you catch the little bastiges trying to sell your stuff. Full coverage insurance is good too.

sorry it happened at all though :hugs:

yeah, i was so pissed i was just shocked.. from now on ima turn my stereo down around the destination im gettin to and im going to get an alarm... they pryed the @!*% outta one of my hooks in the floor in the back... cuz my ground for the amp ( which was attached to the sub box by the way) was under the bolt for the hook near the back of the seat the spare tire carrier... damn druggies.... :shiftyeyes:

Oh noes! The 55gallon drum of lube!

In all seriousness, yea turn it down a fiew notches when close to your destination, and find a way to make it a little more secure (like your alarm plans, mabybolt your box t

down more, I knew a guy who actually put concrete in his sub box to weigh it down more so it was harder to carry). And if there's one downfall to tint, it's that it's generally there to hide something so tinted cars tent to get targeted more. Sorry to hear your luck though man, just be happy the truck was still there though.

Oh noes! The 55gallon drum of lube!

In all seriousness, yea turn it down a fiew notches when close to your destination, and find a way to make it a little more secure (like your alarm plans, mabybolt your box t

down more, I knew a guy who actually put concrete in his sub box to weigh it down more so it was harder to carry). And if there's one downfall to tint, it's that it's generally there to hide something so tinted cars tent to get targeted more. Sorry to hear your luck though man, just be happy the truck was still there though.

yeah i gotta do somethin.... :mellow:

from now on ima turn my stereo down around the destination im gettin to and im going to get an alarm...

These are the two most effective things you can do.

Personally, I don't put any expensive or high powered audio in any of my vehicles, just a decent deck and aftermarket speakers that fit into the stock locations. It just isn't worth the hassle and sounds plenty good anyway. 800 watts in a broom closet is way overkill...

Sorry to hear this happened, but chalk it up to life experience. :shrug:

B

2x to what B said. Major Bummer. :rant2:

Hopefully nothing was permanently damaged. I know you're really upset, and these kinds of things really affect your trust in your fellow human; I know, I'm speaking from personal experience. Remember, its just stuff. If I were you, I wouldn't replace the stolen gear. Whoever knew you were there will likely be nosing around again in a few weeks to give you time to rebuild, so you can be hit again.

x2 on what B said.

Speakers that fit in stock loctaions work well for me. I might get a mini Sub to go under the seat but nothin noticeable.

I also hate when I'm @ an intersection with my music at a comfortable level for me and(windows up) I can hear somone elses music over mine. I need to invest in some insulation....

So, being loud gets ppls attention in more than one negative way.

thieves suck i seen these crack heads break into my 93 civic si jacked my deck and a back pack of clothes and a crap load of cds in a binder at a hotel in indio ca i couldnt do anything cause they had a 2 foot long screw driver and looked pretty tweaked out i got there plate number but a year later the cops called me and i wasnt driving 5 hrs to look at a picture but yeah i got a alarm in my pathy with a blue blinking light. i heard a fake alarm just the light scares off criminals

Just realized this was in TOTM so i moved it to the General section...

i heard a fake alarm just the light scares off criminals

Yes, it can and I have heard this also. An alarm guy told me to get a dual level alarm because some thieves tap on the glass and if there is no warning chirp they know there isn't a good alarm installed, if none at all. A blinking alarm light might stop involved thievery, but probably not a smash and grab like someone did for my wifes purse last year.

It sucks, but but some people are opportunistic scum who think they have a right to damage/steal. I can not sufficiently express my disgust for such cretin.

B

I feel your pain man... except whoever broke into my car had balls, they did it in the middle of the day at work (between 530 and 7pm) The alarm was set, albeit having a crappy alarm with no light at that point, and doors were locked. Busted out the little window in the back door, tried to pry through the back seat, that didn't work, so they took the trunk lock. Got my deck, my ipod, my gps out of the trunk, my Rockford 12s, a cable box, a car seat, and some other small stuff. Be careful with insurance, the only thing progressive covered me for was the car seat, that was all I had a receipt for.

If it was parked on your friend's property, in the driveway or yard, and not on the street out front then you can put a claim against the home owner's/renter's insurance for that property. When thieves did the same thing to my 93, it was parked on my lawn, I lost tools and the stereo (which was broke anyway, lol). Filed a claim and got about 75% the cost of what I lost back.

I'm with B also, you're better off without the subs.

When I had a sound system in my old car, I would turn it down immediately of being within three blocks of my destination in a residential area, and turn it down just before turning into a parking lot of a store.

That sucks man. I hate when stuff like that happens. When i was at the midnight premier of Dark Knight acouple years ago some cops interupted to movie to say a few vehicles had been broken into. And living where i do and having people ask about our cars if they're for sale I'm surprised my pathy and hardbody haven't been broken into. Hope you can fix the window without to much pain.

You said "little side window". Is the rig you're talking about a 2 door? If so, I have a set of those triangle windows that are already tinted laying around. If you need one.

no, i have a four door, its the window next to the roll down window on the back door, speakin of which, does anyone know how to put a new one in? im going to get one from a junkyard pretty soon and im going to install it my self to save $.

If it was parked on your friend's property, in the driveway or yard, and not on the street out front then you can put a claim against the home owner's/renter's insurance for that property. When thieves did the same thing to my 93, it was parked on my lawn, I lost tools and the stereo (which was broke anyway, lol). Filed a claim and got about 75% the cost of what I lost back.

hmmm, ill have to see about that....

I'm with B also, you're better off without the subs.

i like my bump bump...*starts to snivel* :(

That sucks man. I hate when stuff like that happens. When i was at the midnight premier of Dark Knight acouple years ago some cops interupted to movie to say a few vehicles had been broken into. And living where i do and having people ask about our cars if they're for sale I'm surprised my pathy and hardbody haven't been broken into. Hope you can fix the window without to much pain.

yeah im tryin to figure out how to get a new one in...

Just realized this was in TOTM so i moved it to the General section...

B

oh @!*% i didnt realize i put it in the the TOTM section... whoops sorry... :puterpunch:

I had it happen to me as well in my driveway, but the would be thieves couldn't get the deck out as it was bolted in using stock brackets(saw pry marks on the cubby hole beneath it) and couldn't get the sub/amp out, as the amp was bolted to the box, and the box bolted to the floor. All I had to worry about was the little window.

Now, in the X, I've only got an amp driving 4 aftermarket speakers, in stock locations. No sub for me anymore, as I like my space more than I like hard bass. The issue in the WD21's is that the stock speakers are small, and don't produce much low end, unless you buy very high end speakers with an exceptional frequency response. That said, you can massage the holes a bit to fit larger speakers (6.5" components in the front, and 6x9's in the back) which would give you far more speaker options, and better sound at a lower price point.

• 5 weeks later...

Things I learned in SoCal while young. People will steal your @!*% if they want it badly enough. Doesnt matter what you do. Your job is to slow them down.

Do not mount your amp on the box. And use funny screws. Screw it down tightly and securely. The box. Leave the woofer out after you find your spot for it, and mount it down.. Bolt that sucker down hard to the body.

Theives dont care about your stuff, or the wiring, etc.. Even if they break what they are stealing, they dont care. They just want it, and dont care about breaking @!*%. If you want to keep it. Make it as hard as possible to remove. Imagine a large guy grabbing your woofer box and jerking the @!*% as hard as he can to remove it. Mount it so he cant do that. Even better (like in the back of my VW) make it impossible to remove from the vehicle without hours of work. Even if you break every window in the car, the doors will not open and you CANNOT get the box out of the car.

Ive been attempted twice after measures like these. Frustrated theives, ruined the subs in the car with their screwdrivers.. So, in the end if they want it and cant get it.. They will ruin it.

Alarms.. Should be loud and go off easily.. (not to a Harley driving by tho). Dont show yer @!*%. Cover it or whatever.. No one wants to steal Spark-O-Matic.

Ultimately, if you care about your @!*%, NEVER park it overnight in a strange area.

It was always the first time in a new area, at a party, or a new GF's house or something.. Where there was new "meat".

If this is your daily driver, be prepared for it to be taken or ruined. There are guys on drugs, or just plain thieves that will take it or ruin it. If its not, be pro-active and dont leave it in areas you dont have to.

In the end. They will ALWAYS get your stuff, or make it so you cant use it.

Sad fact of life. Next time I catch someone in the middle of the night again, they WILL be sorry. Not ever again.

Like has been said, if they *really* want your stuff, they'll get it. Make it as undesirable as possible. I've had a vehicle stolen, a couple broken into, and multiple attempts as well, all on previous rigs with obvious stereo equipment, or no alarm, etc. etc.

I've run a decent alarm for years on the Pathy, but more importantly I added several bright blue LED's into the system, on the dash and pillars, which you can see far off in the distance. Hide your stuff if possible or remove what you can (Ipod, cd's, GPS), and make it visually unattractive. The dual stage alarm is handy too, you can tap the rig or bump it and the alarm will chirp several warnings, then if you breathe on it, its party time. Finally, if you have to have your stereo, I say yes to making it hard. Scattering your equipment around the rig helps (amps under seats, components behind panels, etc.), or on/in the box can work if its secure enough and out of sight. Try mixing screws (phillips/flat/square/star) when mounting items, and bolting through the body with washers on the other side if you can, etc.

I'll agree with others though, you can make it tough to nearly impossible to take, but then you might just piss off the thief enough and they'll slash up your stuff instead. At least you ended up still having your rig in the end though. Good luck!

dont feel bad my truck also got broken into and I caught the lil bastage.... but the local PD let him got cause they didnt catch him.... but i got him a week later when he tried it again and he fell into a creek outside my place ....lol karma is a biznitch

unlucky man,, im sure you can pick up a decent sub off ebay pretty cheap,

got my solo baric pretty cheap a year back :)

Anyone know the cost of fitting a decent alarm?

i got a whole new system,(far better than the old) for 197 bucks with bigger subs... so really im kinda happy but not...

and i got my alarm in Portland for 80 bucks installed...

I had it happen to me as well in my driveway, but the would be thieves couldn't get the deck out as it was bolted in using stock brackets(saw pry marks on the cubby hole beneath it) and couldn't get the sub/amp out, as the amp was bolted to the box, and the box bolted to the floor. All I had to worry about was the little window.

Now, in the X, I've only got an amp driving 4 aftermarket speakers, in stock locations. No sub for me anymore, as I like my space more than I like hard bass. The issue in the WD21's is that the stock speakers are small, and don't produce much low end, unless you buy very high end speakers with an exceptional frequency response. That said, you can massage the holes a bit to fit larger speakers (6.5" components in the front, and 6x9's in the back) which would give you far more speaker options, and better sound at a lower price point.

so true...

Edited by SexJelly

Like has been said, if they *really* want your stuff, they'll get it. Make it as undesirable as possible. I've had a vehicle stolen, a couple broken into, and multiple attempts as well, all on previous rigs with obvious stereo equipment, or no alarm, etc. etc.

I've run a decent alarm for years on the Pathy, but more importantly I added several bright blue LED's into the system, on the dash and pillars, which you can see far off in the distance. Hide your stuff if possible or remove what you can (Ipod, cd's, GPS), and make it visually unattractive. The dual stage alarm is handy too, you can tap the rig or bump it and the alarm will chirp several warnings, then if you breathe on it, its party time. Finally, if you have to have your stereo, I say yes to making it hard. Scattering your equipment around the rig helps (amps under seats, components behind panels, etc.), or on/in the box can work if its secure enough and out of sight. Try mixing screws (phillips/flat/square/star) when mounting items, and bolting through the body with washers on the other side if you can, etc.

I'll agree with others though, you can make it tough to nearly impossible to take, but then you might just piss off the thief enough and they'll slash up your stuff instead. At least you ended up still having your rig in the end though. Good luck!

i had no idea this thread was still alive... lol but yeah ive got an Autopage alarm now that has the shock sensor in it... i would go any other way.. cept when the cat jumps on it in the middle of the night... and it doesnt have power locks.. so i still haveta use the key.. but its all good..

dont feel bad my truck also got broken into and I caught the lil bastage.... but the local PD let him got cause they didnt catch him.... but i got him a week later when he tried it again and he fell into a creek outside my place ....lol karma is a biznitch

stupid fuker.(the theif...) got what he dam well deserved!

he began to get out and run I told him to sit his theiving ass right where he was..... I tols him that when the cops arrived if the theft charge wouldnt hold up i was going to go with tres.pass.