4x4parts lift $330

81dd21fb49d0a9990310c8bc310ec570.jpg

# Will provide 2.5" to 3" of lift

# This lift will help correct ball joint angeles

# Will allow for proper camber alignment

# Provides an additional 1-1.5" of wheel travel

# Easy to install

# Lift includes:

* Chromally Tubular Upper Control Arms (Built for strength and durability)

* Polyurethane Bushings

* 3" Rear Lift Coils

* Hardware

https://www.4x4parts.com/nissan/pathfinder-custom-suspension-lift-p-54.html

Edited by FUELER

Calmini $880

calmini-nissan-wd21-pathfinder-3-suspension-lift.jpg

The only complete bolt-on suspension system for your 4WD Pathfinder. The Calmini full system features signature plate upper control arms which allow for correct factory alignment and maximum articulation. This is the system to start building your Pathfinder into a capable off-road rig. The complete system includes new laser crafted upper control arms, Vecton bushings, sleeves, new upper ball joints, new 27.5mm heavy duty torsion bars, heavy duty rear lift coils, rear track bar bracket, brake line extension bracket, complete hardware and CALMINI performance shocks. Kits also comes complete with installation instructions.

http://ruggedrocksoffroad.com/calmini-suspension-lift-kit-nissan-pathfinder-1987-95-p-3650.html

those control arms do nothing for balljoint angle. or so im told. I just got the superift uca's from 4x4parts.com got raped by UPS on the shipping tho

which arms are you refering to?

I have heard some complaints about the AC UCAs, others have no issues. Those look like the Rough Country (black painted superlift units) UCAs though.

Calmini couldn't even make my idler arm brace right, I have no faith in them and they will always be the most expensive...

B

I bought my Calmini stuff second hand so no issues...

Does what it says it does...but I would not pay full price by any means...

The HB RC arms are where its at from what I have been told. If I had not gotten the Calmini stuff, I would have done the JGC coil swap and the HB RC UCAs.

I bought basically the 4x4parts.com kit you posted in the beginning (the kit I chose also contained shocks and an idler-arm brace). It was fairly easy to install and I have had no issues with it - though the upper ball-joint angles are not great. I'd recommend replacing them while you have the front end taken apart - they're cheap and it'll save you doing it later. It was able to be properly aligned as well. Depending on what you have in there for shocks, I know that the stock ones I had before the lift were not long enough at full extension in the rear to support the new springs - didn't even bother checking the fronts. As another side note, I was able to run 32x1150's on the lego's with no other modifications after this lift (I'm using Maxxis BigHorn's). They do not rub even when turned to the stops.

• Like 1

everybody complains about the expensive 880 bucks for a calmini lift.

can you do it cheaper?

i don't think so.

new coils

new torsion bars

new ball joints

new bushings,

new shocks

pan hard drop.

ext ext.

ya, if you ONLY get new arms and coils.. its gonna be cheaper.

Yea you are right...but either way, its all about choosing the direction the individual wants to go...

Just installed 33 12.50s on my Calmini lift...no BL yet...taking 4x4parts forever to ship it...

Minor rubbing...

Looks mean as hell!

I got the Calmini arms and we had to cut a big notch out part of the center plate so that the shock boot would not rub and get squished. I reindexed/cranked my stock torsion bars, so the front end gets a surprising amount of flex.

you don't really need stiffer torsion bars. i am still running stock t-bars with lots of extra weight in armor and the winch

Yep, mine are re indexed and cranked...love the way it looks, seriously worried about the steering though...weakest link!

Here is a picture with the 33x12.50 15 tires on the 15x8 Cragar Soft 8's that Precise turned me on to...(thanks bro.) With the 3 inch Calmini lift only...no BL yet.

newshoes1.jpg

You are welcome Bud!! :aok: A hell of a deal and looks good too... :D

Hey, your truck is starting to look like mine!! Stop it!!

Oh, wait, you have chrome bits... No worries, mine is still cooler... :lol:

Check out the grassroots4x4.com steering upgrade, it's probably the most cost/effective unit.

you don't really need stiffer torsion bars. i am still running stock t-bars with lots of extra weight in armor and the winch

This. Compliance is good on trails unless you are bottoming out on rocks, but Pathys aren't really rock crawlers without serious work.

B

LMAO!! Trying to be like you brother...just gotta find an ARB bumper...(unfortunately they are no longer made, and nobody wants to offload...)

Again, thanks for the hook up and all the info you have provided. Helped out a ton.

Off to grassroots...

Same as HOOHAA?

Is there a thread with info and pictures of this installed? I have seen the IA replace thread, but nothing on the HOOHAA or even the LP upgrade...Just trying to understand how it works over stock...I realize it has bearings and is beefier...etc

• 3 years later...

If I do a lift on my pathy would i have to put a track bar drop in the rear? If so is Calmini the only people that make them? i'll just make my own:) I order the shocks and there back order of 3 to 4 weeks dose that sound right coming from them. I hope i dont get crap lol

Went with the 4x4parts site and have been really happy with it, as stated above, the kit came with pan hard bracket, shocks, coils, uca's, bushings, and the steering brace. It aligned right out, and now sits 3inch higher, and goes straight down the road.

• 1 month later...