Yakima Fairing

Does anyone here have a Yakima rack set up on their R50? I have the rack and I want a fairing. On Yakima's website it declares there is no fairing that will fit my Pathfinder.

Cheers

EDIT: n.m. i just noticed you have a 1G R50 and you have the factory tracks. you can still use the 2nd style fairing that Brien posted up, you would just need to get the appropriate clips for it. i don't see why you can't use that fairing since there are a couple different sizes of them.

oh, and another thing, it also depends what you're carrying. reason i say you can use the 2nd fairing that Brien posted up is because if you have the Yakima cross bars, that's what i'd use. if you have the Yakima cargo carrier like Offtourroadie has, then you'd use the first one. i have the Yakima cross bars and carry bikes and snowboards, so i'd use the 2nd one. then again, my truck has a factory fairing, so it's not needed and i sold my old one. ;)

Edited by edwinsyip

I'll be carrying a canoe on the Yakima load bars. I was since Yakima's website claimed there wasn't one for my Pathfinder I was worrying about how tall it would be. Maybe from where it connects to the bars to the roof of my truck there isn't enough room. Then again, it could just be a glitch on the Yakima website. That fit guide sucks. Thanks for your help guys.

I'm a tard, I just realized that you said rack and not cargo basket. The second fairing in my pictures is 5" tall, so you may want to just measure from the top of the load bar to the roof just to be sure. You also don't want the fairing to be flat (where the distance from the top of the load bar and the roof is 5" exactly) since it will pretty much negate any benefit of a fairing. I think their fitment guide is extremely generic and it doesn't work well when it comes to accessories.

I have the same set up using the 2 bar yakima rack system and fairing in front on my R50. I cut both ends of the fairing to make it fit in between the railings. Works fine. I have a ski mount on both bars including two bike rails. No problems with the fairing.

Alright cool. I think I'm about ready to make a purchase.

Wait until tomorrow! I *MIGHT* still have 4 of these fairings that I could sell for way cheaper than I see them for. And they're brand new.

if you can find it, buy the older fairing styles (rectangular in shape and quite a bit larger than the new ones). the new ones have shrunken quite a bit, and aren't as functional as the older ones, IMO.