OME vs IRONMAN

14 members have voted

1. 1. OME or Ironman?

• OME
    • Ironman

I'm looking at OME and Ironman lift coils. I've heard a lot of good about OME but nothing of Ironman. Has anyone with an R50 had any experience with Ironman coil springs?

They seem to provide about the same amount of lift, but Ironman is about 70 bucks cheaper when all is said and done.

I've kinda ruled out AC by the way.

Thanks.

OME: http://arbusa.com/uploads/PDF/accessorizeYourRig/nissanPathfinder.pdf

Ironman: http://www.ironman4x4.com/html/nissan/53.html

Edited by TooQForYou

I too am looking at Ironman springs. Hopefully I will be buying these with in the next 2 weeks or so...From what I have looked at Ironman has been around for since 1958 in AU and ARB-old man emu since about 1975...Both ironman and OME have worlwide sales and uses...the only ironman distribution i know of is up in NJ, through a company called www.camel4x4.com... I talked to the owner Eli at length about the Ironman springs for the R50's...they only have one set for front (up to 110lbs over stock) and rear (up to 440lbs over stock)...plenty of strength for later upgrades...

whoh.... 440lbs over stock on the rear.... This seems like a lot more stiff than AC...like more than double... I guess for those with a tire carrier it might help, but f you do not have any then it might be pretty bad in the trail no ??

whoh.... 440lbs over stock on the rear.... This seems like a lot more stiff than AC...like more than double... I guess for those with a tire carrier it might help, but f you do not have any then it might be pretty bad in the trail no ??

I'm with Fleurys on this, I just had a set made for the rears and they came out to be 160lbs spring rate, so I would still have some off road flexibility. The spring on the our stock pathfinder are about 115, but 440lbs would even be to stiff for a Ford F-250. Here a picture with the 5.5 lift in the rear and my Rig is also been SFD.

0523101525.jpg

440 lbs is the additional weight that can be carried, not the spring rate. I just want to make sure ya'll aren't getting the two mixed up. If that's not the case, sorry. If you have three people sitting in the back, you've easily reached 400 lbs. Also, there's not much to flex on here in florida, so that's not really an issue.

I appreciate all the input, keep it coming.

440 lbs is the additional weight that can be carried, not the spring rate. I just want to make sure ya'll aren't getting the two mixed up. If that's not the case, sorry. If you have three people sitting in the back, you've easily reached 400 lbs. Also, there's not much to flex on here in florida, so that's not really an issue.

I appreciate all the input, keep it coming.

really.... I did not know springs were rated in lbs over stock... always thought it was lbs/inch... in any case don't forget you have 2 in the rear, then following the logic, it would mean 800lbs more.... before buying anything, i would make sure to clear this up cause on there web site (camel4x4), they say they offer them in 4 or 5 different spring rate.... So if you are confident with there explanation, that`s all that counts...

S.

I'm with Fleurys on this, I just had a set made for the rears and they came out to be 160lbs spring rate, so I would still have some off road flexibility. The spring on the our stock pathfinder are about 115, but 440lbs would even be to stiff for a Ford F-250. Here a picture with the 5.5 lift in the rear and my Rig is also been SFD.

0523101525.jpg

Looks good! :aok:

What are you running up front for coils?

I was just told by Eli at Came4x4 that the springs are rated 'B' (See guide here), which are around 20% firmer than original springs.

ok...20% of 115 (stock) = 23 + 115 = 138 lbs/inch so I would say near AC specs... probably will end up near OME....

Using the Ac coils.

Has the rear had a chance to settle? Seems really raked. Well, I guess its good if you bring a lot of gear on the trail, then it works out great. Still looks good though. I want an SFD so bad, damnit...Can't wait to start this second job to save!!

Jose

Well I get paid this tueday...going to buy the Ironman springs and hopefully have them installed in roughly 2 to 3 weeks after another paycheck and some tips saved....will let you know

Same here..will take measurements of height before and after, handleing, and towing....I also keep about 250 lbs of equipment and emergency gear in the rear of my truck...will be building a light weight steel cubby for my stuff here soon too...so anther project on the boards...

I'm not sure. ARB/OME's catalogue states OME as 0.5". I've heard anywhere from 0.5" to 1.5". So I don't know what to believe.

Ironman's catalogue states their lift amount as 35mm = 1.37".

OME: http://arbusa.com/uploads/PDF/accessorizeYourRig/nissanPathfinder.pdf

Ironman: http://www.ironman4x4.com/html/nissan/53.html

Edited by TooQForYou

• 3 weeks later...

Well mates i should have the springs soon....will get you measurements of it now ans then after to see how the diffrence is...will let you guys kno...

well truck is at a mechanics....measurements from the bottom of the hitch is 14.75 inches...with front at tow hooks at about 15 inches....each wheel well is arount 32 inches with .5 inch diffrence plus or minus....

Has the rear had a chance to settle? Seems really raked. Well, I guess its good if you bring a lot of gear on the trail, then it works out great. Still looks good though. I want an SFD so bad, damnit...Can't wait to start this second job to save!!

Jose

he says earlier in this thread that he made custom rear springs.

ome vs ironman... what the hell is ironman??

he says earlier in this thread that he made custom rear springs.

ome vs ironman... what the hell is ironman??

So custom coils don't need to settle? :scratchhead: