Spline Count For A 94Se

i want to buy a spool for both differentials on my pathy but not to sure how to get it without tearing everything apart. if you know how or if you know the count any help would be great.

Who makes a spool for our diffs?

ditto.

I have a Lockrite in the rear of my 95 (h233 31 spline) and it works great, as far as I know ARB is the only option for the front.

there are four options,

Lok-rite-rear only

Detroit-rear only

ARB-Front and rear

Weld that bitch up-any open diff you want

there are four options,

Lok-rite-rear only

Detroit-rear only

ARB-Front and rear

im sorry for the confusion, i wasted about three hours looking for a spool but came up empty. im rather new to the whole 4wheel buildin but i just know im really freakin tired of my back right and front left taking all the power when im climbing. im just looking for a good solution. im not sure if the spline count matters but i need something, what would be the best in your opinion?

Yeah no one makes spools for these things. If anyone did, it would be these guys, who are great to deal with. www.ringpinion.com

If you're going cheap, get some 7018 welding rod and weld the spider gears together. However obviously your street manners will be much worse and you may wear out tires faster. Lockers are the best way to go, but they are so damned expensive.

You could also go to a junk yard and try and find a Pathfinder with the factory rear LSD (Limited Slip Differential). This is like a locker, but not as good. One tire looses traction and clutch plates lock together forcing both tires to spin at the same time. It's limited though, with how much force it can handle before becoming an open diff again. I gotta say though, our LSDs are damn strong and lock up pretty hard. I thank it every time I'm out wheeling...

Edited by Kingman

there are four options,

Lok-rite-rear only

Detroit-rear only

ARB-Front and rear

#5 Nissan Z300 LSD will fit the front with a small modification.

I gotta say though, our LSDs are damn strong and lock up pretty hard. I thank it every time I'm out wheeling...

Yep. Mine is really tight, spins both 33's up on the pavement no problems. And its a 2.7 Diesel.

Here is where I bought my lockrite from...

http://ruggedrocksoffroad.com/nissan-pathfinder-differential-lockers-c-38_222.html

As you can see many ARB/expensive options, but the lockrite is only $321. It acts like a spool when going straight ie both wheels get power, but on the street it will allow the outside wheel to turn faster (with some occasional clunking sounds). For the 31 spline axle, I think this is the cheapest option other than permanently welding the rear end.

• 3 months later...

Lucky bastage! P... Mine refuses to spin both 31s on dry pavement. :thumbsdown:

I did a three wheel chirp the other night on pavement. 4Lo trying to see if my truck would still make the noise it was making while out on the trail.

has anyone welded up the spider gears in these axles? the rear, obviously. im too cheap for a locker. also my truck is off-road only, so i dont have to worry about it on the road.

side note, i pulled the rear axle outta my dead pathy thinking i could use it for my Hb... turns out they have different gear ratios.. lol

has anyone welded up the spider gears in these axles? the rear, obviously. im too cheap for a locker. also my truck is off-road only, so i dont have to worry about it on the road.

side note, i pulled the rear axle outta my dead pathy thinking i could use it for my Hb... turns out they have different gear ratios.. lol

Welded mine with 110 volt wire welder .035 mild steel wire,

It has held up real good.

haspen024.jpg

haspen026.jpg

I use the welded diff for off road only, It is very hard to turn on paved roads and could be dangerous!

I have the gears in this pathy.

crazylarry2.jpg

omfg! what the hell'd u do to that pathy!? (not that it isnt cool as hell) but dauuummm! :omg:

I use the welded diff for off road only, It is very hard to turn on paved roads and could be dangerous!

I have the gears in this pathy.

crazylarry2.jpg

awesome pathy Larry, looks pretty rugged.

my truck is off-road only so im gonna try to get the spiders welded up. is there any adjustments that need to be done when re-installing into the axle housing? or can i just drop it in?

if you have the LSD there should be a sticker on the back of the axle telling you to use LSD fluids

2e0o4jo.jpg

is it just me or is somebuddy trying to escape from you rear end...lovly spider too...

And Larry,Now I think I want a wd21 like that,but winter would suck for me.

• 1 month later...

if you have the LSD there should be a sticker on the back of the axle telling you to use LSD fluids

2e0o4jo.jpg

I'm leaning more towards getting the lockrite for my path, but I'm told that you can only install them in the open difs. Is this true? And ill have to check again but due to the performance yesterday in the sand I want to say I have a open dif. Is there any way to know if its an LSD if the sticker came off? ( Without tearing it apart ) I would be genuinely pissed off if I bought one and couldn't use it! Any info helps! P.S..... I finally got some fair quality pictures of my path! I put them on my profile! Check them out and tell me what you think!

Edited by jeremyelvis