2 Door Vs 4 Door

FUELER

61 members have voted

1. 1. 2 door or 4 door??

• 2dr forget the age
    • 4dr is newer

You think the TBI units are simpler? No way. Much easier to diag a MPFI unit, hands down.

Go with a 4 door. You can actually have friends go with you.

Less injectors to replace when they go bad in the TBI, :tongue:

:shrug:

well the lifted 4door i posted is an automatic :( so that eliminates that....

dang i liked the lifted one too... but i refuse to get another auto!!

Thanks for all your input guys... looks like i have a real tough choice to make!!

I thought the front doors were shorter on four doors, they sure seem like it. My bad. :doh:

Nope, the only difference between the 2 and 4 is the addition of the rear doors. They have the same seats/rails even, so you can get into the back seat of a 4dr from the front door.

• 2 weeks later...

I prefer the 4 doors for the side access to the rear cargo compartment and to the roof rack, especially off road all full load of gear, not to mention being much easier to find.

LOL..that's weird

At Chile, the 2door Pathy's are Newer than the 4door.

We have 87-93 4 door with the "square" interior, and 94 - 96 2 door with the rounded (modern) interior (like mine), with crome bumpers and rims.

LOL..that's weird

At Chile, the 2door Pathy's are Newer than the 4door.

We have 87-93 4 door with the "square" interior, and 94 - 96 2 door with the rounded (modern) interior (like mine), with crome bumpers and rims.

You also got the 4dr (crew cab) Hardbody trucks, bastards!

I have to say I do like the looks of a 2 door but I ahve a family so the four door wins for me. Watever you do stay away from the one that was painted with a roller, if he did that to it who knows what else he might have done.

2 doors look way cooler would be better if they were convertible like the 4 runner but anyways im a big guy and i been in the back its convertible and not to hard to get out and the 4 doors have that hump cause the wheel wheel but 2 door for sure and 4 door for the family my opinion but did you ever get a rig yet?

• 2 weeks later...

well the lifted 4door i posted is an automatic :( so that eliminates that....

dang i liked the lifted one too... but i refuse to get another auto!!

Thanks for all your input guys... looks like i have a real tough choice to make!!

Is that just cause of the cooler problems? I see a lot of people here doing at to mt swaps when driving at is a lot simpler, and for a dd if you're in a city a lot more comfortable...

I really liked my automatic when wheeling back home in the deep soft sand but after having it rebuilt 3 times at $2000 a shot I would prefer a manual if given the choice. (meanwhile I just bought a PF with an automatic!!!)

Is that just cause of the cooler problems? I see a lot of people here doing at to mt swaps when driving at is a lot simpler, and for a dd if you're in a city a lot more comfortable...

maybe, I always just found auto's a pain in the ass period lol

I'm on my 9th vehicle now, only 2 of which have been autos... and I didn't keep them for very long

the tranny's were still good in them, I just didn't like them

the first was a '84 mkII toyota supra, loved the car, hated not being able to down shift EXACTLY when I wanted too

later bought a manual '84 mk Supra, identical in every way, save for the tranny, LOVED that car to pieces

never have I had so much fun in a vehicle down shifting right before I buried the pedal into a corner

used that car as a winter car too, right combination of down shifting and easing the brake pedal will stop you WAY faster than any auto, even with ABS :)

then my 8th car was a '95 Ford Crown Vic P71 Interceptor with the heavy duty auto trans

worked perfect, nothing went wrong, dropped gears good and fast when I punched it wide open throttle...

I was just BORED in traffic all the time

I had NO idea what to do with my right hand

I was very tempted, on more than one occasion, to do something verrry inappropriate with my right hand, just to give it something to do while I sat in traffic xD .... :wackinit: .. >_>

ANYWAY

comes down to personal preference, and im with him on this one here

i will never own another auto XD

swapping AT for MT has way more benefits than just not having to worry about those crumby coolers and clogging and trans temp

and "whens it gonna burn up? whens it gonna blow to pieces? oh damn my pan is leaking all over again, when did i last change the filter?

holy hell, what is that sound, why is it not up shifting yet? damn my big tires on the highway, is that gear even working? gaaaaaaaaaah >_<"

manual trans, it's in there, big solid gear box, does what you tell it

pour tons of power through it, abuse it, Chris Brown it, whatever

manual is AWESOME for rockin your vehicle outta stuck situations, be it snow, mud... maybe you were driving in a sewage plant... whatever

you can keep on the gas and time your shifts to build momentum and get out

none of this

"Drive, *vroooooooom* *off gas* *brakes* *shift* *reverse* *vrooooooom* *off gas and brake* *shift* *repeat*

nanananaNO. if you're stuck, you want OUT, foot off the brakes and ON the gas, work that clutch and slam those gears like rock em sock em robots, thats what the synchros are for, and get yourself outta that mess no problem

way more control over the vehicle with a manual

YOU are the driver, therefore the truck should do what YOU want, not what IT wants >_>

manual will save you gas money, more efficient than autos

you're more in tune with a vehicle that has a manual

they're funner to drive

make you feel more bad ass

annnnd... and...

only thing you can't do with a manual is text on your cell phone while eatin a big mac

and then get distracted by a text and run a red light because you were looking at the phone, not the road...

driving not party phone time!

driving is driving time!

put your big mac down and wait till you get home

put your phone down, anybody hear of blue tooth?

having a phone in your hand while driving in my city is illegal now anyway

if there's something you're doing that you wouldn't be able too with a manual

you probably shouldn't be doing it anyway >_>

ok, I'm done

/rant

>_>

I expect lots of angry responses XD

• Like 2

maybe, I always just found auto's a pain in the ass period lol

I'm on my 9th vehicle now, only 2 of which have been autos... and I didn't keep them for very long

the tranny's were still good in them, I just didn't like them

the first was a '84 mkII toyota supra, loved the car, hated not being able to down shift EXACTLY when I wanted too

later bought a manual '84 mk Supra, identical in every way, save for the tranny, LOVED that car to pieces

never have I had so much fun in a vehicle down shifting right before I buried the pedal into a corner

used that car as a winter car too, right combination of down shifting and easing the brake pedal will stop you WAY faster than any auto, even with ABS :)

then my 8th car was a '95 Ford Crown Vic P71 Interceptor with the heavy duty auto trans

worked perfect, nothing went wrong, dropped gears good and fast when I punched it wide open throttle...

I was just BORED in traffic all the time

I had NO idea what to do with my right hand

I was very tempted, on more than one occasion, to do something verrry inappropriate with my right hand, just to give it something to do while I sat in traffic xD .... :wackinit: .. >_>

ANYWAY

comes down to personal preference, and im with him on this one here

i will never own another auto XD

swapping AT for MT has way more benefits than just not having to worry about those crumby coolers and clogging and trans temp

and "whens it gonna burn up? whens it gonna blow to pieces? oh damn my pan is leaking all over again, when did i last change the filter?

holy hell, what is that sound, why is it not up shifting yet? damn my big tires on the highway, is that gear even working? gaaaaaaaaaah >_<"

manual trans, it's in there, big solid gear box, does what you tell it

pour tons of power through it, abuse it, Chris Brown it, whatever

manual is AWESOME for rockin your vehicle outta stuck situations, be it snow, mud... maybe you were driving in a sewage plant... whatever

you can keep on the gas and time your shifts to build momentum and get out

none of this

"Drive, *vroooooooom* *off gas* *brakes* *shift* *reverse* *vrooooooom* *off gas and brake* *shift* *repeat*

nanananaNO. if you're stuck, you want OUT, foot off the brakes and ON the gas, work that clutch and slam those gears like rock em sock em robots, thats what the synchros are for, and get yourself outta that mess no problem

way more control over the vehicle with a manual

YOU are the driver, therefore the truck should do what YOU want, not what IT wants >_>

manual will save you gas money, more efficient than autos

you're more in tune with a vehicle that has a manual

they're funner to drive

make you feel more bad ass

annnnd... and...

only thing you can't do with a manual is text on your cell phone while eatin a big mac

and then get distracted by a text and run a red light because you were looking at the phone, not the road...

driving not party phone time!

driving is driving time!

put your big mac down and wait till you get home

put your phone down, anybody hear of blue tooth?

having a phone in your hand while driving in my city is illegal now anyway

if there's something you're doing that you wouldn't be able too with a manual

you probably shouldn't be doing it anyway >_>

ok, I'm done

/rant

>_>

I expect lots of angry responses XD

I drive both a auto and a stick, My dodge is a auto and my pathfinder is a stick. Both are good in different ways. I prefer the auto on long boring drives along the highway that i set cruse control and lean back and let the truck drive. With a stick in oregon the cruse control dosn't really work to well because of the hills. On short drives or country road driving I prefer the stick hands down for the control. Also in offroad situations I prefer the stick in almost all areas the one area I think a auto can be better then a manual is in the mud. I am not a big mud person though as I hate doing the cleanup.

There is no better or worse it is all about balance for the drivers preference. I would try to list pros and cons of each but that would take all day.

I would prefer a manual in the pathfinder but for $500 I took what I got, my sentra is a manual and is loads of fun especially with the short throw shifter and all 90 HP !!!! LOL

I suppose life is just one big compromise XD

if an auto suits more of your priorities, then have at 'er :)

as for driving a stick on hilly highway, I prefer stick there too :P

long boring drive, when a hill comes up I think to myself "YES, I get to DO something now :D "

but I guess I'm just a fidgety person who can't sit still lol

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've owned both. Auto sucks. Period. And I just replaced an automatic transmission in a Pathfinder, it really sucked. I hate how it drives, how it shifts, when it shifts, ratios between gears, etc.

Edited by Kingman

• 3 weeks later...

I've owned both. Auto sucks. Period. And I just replaced an automatic transmission in a Pathfinder, it really sucked. I hate how it drives, how it shifts, when it shifts, ratios between gears, etc.

Can you swap a manual into an automatic rig or will I have to kidnap a nissan engineer to do it!?

Edited by blackspawn