Good Tires?

Kyle94

im trying to get some tires, probably used, (low budget), i need tires that will be good on gravel, the beach, snow, and every other normal driving condition that is normally encountered...... any ideas would be great....

round ones w/little nubs to grip stuff. and able to hold air is a good thing.....also a place to insert a rim helps

x2 thats pretty much it.

A used set of pathfinder AT tires might do you good. A new set would do you better and aren't to pricey either. Discount tire sells the new ones and I have heard amzing stories about ppl talking the prices down. smile.gif

Edited by MY1PATH

budget tires? Watch craigslist for a cheap set of used ones, you might get lucky and even get a set on wheels you can use(or re-sell). Otherwise like MY1PATH said, some cheap A/Ts will do you right through a site you can talk down on $$$

im trying to get some tires, probably used, (low budget), i need tires that will be good on gravel, the beach, snow, and every other normal driving condition that is normally encountered...... any ideas would be great....

What size??

B

My opinion, the best tires for good tread life and good traction (all around) are BFGs. They aren't "budget" tires though, but they will last. For "cheap" tires, might try Generals, they used to be terrible, but I have seen a lot higher opinions of the newer ones on the market.

I like to use this site instead of Craigslist as this one lets you search a set distance from any zipcode instead of having to keep changing the area, I entered the zipcode of 98626, lot's of 31" tires for sale here

http://www.searchtem...min&maxAsk8=max

98626? How's that a Florida zip code, you're on the east coast? It's 98607 where I live in Washington!

Generals are alright and fairly cheap. Sometimes you can get killer deals on tires and wheels from Craigslist. My friend just paid $175 for 4 33x12.50x15 BFG KM1s with 85% tread!

98626? How's that a Florida zip code, you're on the east coast? It's 98607 where I live in Washington!

'Here' as in this search he posted, the one he did for the guy. Do try to keep up... ;)

B

I have been seriously considering buying some of the Mastercraft Courser AT/2 tires. The 31/10.50's are a bit more than the P265/75/R15 but you are getting a 6 ply tire over a 4. Same tread pattern, and wear life expectancy. I have also been told that 4 ply tires ride better as well. Whatever that means, not like it matters in a 20 year old truck...

I have had great experience with the TSL LTB tires. They offer a 9.50 width, which is great for small vics like ours. ProComp makes AWESOME tires, they are m ore money, but they last forever it seems. The last set of MT's I had were ProComp and they literally had what seemed like the tread from when they were new to the day I sold the vehicle 3.5 years later.

I am no expert, so someone chime in...what is the difference in a 4 ply 265 tire, over a 6 ply 31/10.50 tire?

I have been seriously considering buying some of the Mastercraft Courser AT/2 tires. The 31/10.50's are a bit more than the P265/75/R15 but you are getting a 6 ply tire over a 4. Same tread pattern, and wear life expectancy. I have also been told that 4 ply tires ride better as well. Whatever that means, not like it matters in a 20 year old truck...

I have had great experience with the TSL LTB tires. They offer a 9.50 width, which is great for small vics like ours. ProComp makes AWESOME tires, they are m ore money, but they last forever it seems. The last set of MT's I had were ProComp and they literally had what seemed like the tread from when they were new to the day I sold the vehicle 3.5 years later.

I am no expert, so someone chime in...what is the difference in a 4 ply 265 tire, over a 6 ply 31/10.50 tire?

How many plys are in the tire,6 ply could be 3 in the side wall and 3 for tread or 2 for side wall and 4 for tread.6 plys ride harder because there more for trucks that see hardcore hauling usage,...

round ones w/little nubs to grip stuff. and able to hold air is a good thing.....also a place to insert a rim helps

HA! very funny. lol

how much is low budget?

I was looking at these for my 94 for now, these are 31's cost about $95 each,

Falken Ziex S/TZ-04

10wr5w3.jpg

low budget is like maybe $200, more or less....

how much is low budget?

I was looking at these for my 94 for now, these are 31's cost about $95 each,

Falken Ziex S/TZ-04

10wr5w3.jpg

I like the General Grabber AT2's I just put on my truck over the winter. The tread looks damn close to the TKO's and they are significantly cheaper. They are also studdable.

I would stay away from the 6 ply tires.

Yes hey have a better load capacity, but they are also about 30% heavier than the 4 ply tires.

Your rolling mass is huge with 6 ply's.

I used 6 ply tires before, then changed to 4 ply's. Gained about 100km / tank just with that change alone.

235/75/15 or maybe 235/80/15... just depends on what i find...

I have a set of 4 Michelin LTX in 235/75/15 (about 75% condition?) mounted and balanced on pathfinder chromies in my back yard that I want to sell. You would have to pay shipping though...

Damn, son, you aren't going to get much for that. Talk to me if you are interested though.

B

I say watch creigslist I paid 120 for the 32' bfg's i run on the street already mounted on nice rims and I paid 185 for my swampers not on rims. PICT0020-4.jpg

this is not a great pic looks like stripper tires with the strange light, but each of those sets was under 200 dollars so don't give up.