Packie88

Pezzy

Hello NPORA,

It is with great sadness that I share this information with you. packie88 (Jared Thomas) passed away this weekend.

With okay from the family, I am posting here to let NPORA know we have lost a long time member.

Carri - Thank you for letting everyone know on NPORA. You guys provided him with unbelievable support. Thanks for being a friend.

Here is the story from a local website: http://sammamish.komonews.com/content/man-killed-crash-after-doing-motorcycle-tricks-sr-202

I would like to ask that if you post here, please keep your negative comments to yourself. We all understand the risks and consequences, the only one who knows what happened that night isn't here to fend for himself, and that alone should say enough.

4830_541872451493_39206988_32247941_5222771_n.jpg

I would like to post my condolences to his friends and family, it truly is a loss to lose someone so young. RIP fellow pathy owner.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Having met Jared in person many times, I can say that he was a good guy, a lot of fun to wheel with and in general, to just be around.

He started out green here at NPORA. He jumped into the off road community with both feet and refused to give up even when things were not going the way he wanted. I spoke to him a lot on the phone before he knew much, but through the help of the community, he was becoming a valued, contributing member for us all.

packie88 will be missed, there is no doubt about that.

My condolences go out to his family and friends

Rest In Peace Jared

:ohmy: Dam.. that is sad... he lived right down the road from me and we were just gonna finally meet up, he just PM'd me the day before this happened... Super bummed.... its a beautiful stretch of road where he was.. he was probably having a blast, i know Ive let loose there many times.. i'll give him some thoughts when I pass it from now on.

We should def do the Mr Jim run at manastach ridge to honor him.

Edited by beavis0076

Damn, damn and damn it!!

I never met him, but we had conversed enough to where he is not a stranger. While I'm not sure what exactly happened, I do know that it ended his significant potential and that saddens me greatly.

My condolences to the family and friends that have to make peace with this tragedy. RIP Jared, you will be missed.

B

whats really shaking, to me, is that just 3 days ago I was thinking I would get to meet him wheeling @ evans. neither of us ended up going but when I think about it like that, it hits home a little more. if you know what I'm trying to say...

Online here I thought he was a good guy. I am sad the loss.

additonaly, If he had any military service in his past he may be eligible for military honors at his funeral. If his family choses this (and if he was prior air force) I would kindly do the honor of the service.

Tragic news. Absolutely awful.

My sympathy for his family and close friends. It is always so difficult to lose someone so young and full of life.

He will be missed around here without a doubt.

We have lost a brother. Very sad news indeed.

I offer my condolences to his family and friends, my thoughts to him and my thanks for having known him :beer:

RIP man :hugs:

RIP Jared. Your contributions will be missed here.

My condolences to your family and close friends. It's unfathomable what they're going through.

A message from Jared's family:

Carri - Will you please post for me. a link to his facebook memorial page. Also, if you could ask anyone in NPORA if they have pictures that they would like to share - we would love it. They can post to facebook or email them to me at (PM Pezzy for the address). Also, let everyone know that I have read the posts from them - it is so hard to believe that he is getting posts from around the world. As soon as I know when services are - I will let you know so that you can post. Thanks

Here is the link:

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?profile=1&id=39206988#!/group.php?gid=122417381117615

Post up pictures here if you have any, and I can forward if you do not have a FB account.

What a tragedy to loose someone so full of life at such a young age. It is a sad day here at NPORA to have lost one of our own, a brother, and a friend.